Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A genuine question ...

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Bearing in mind all the angst and hand-wringing going on just lately on this board, I am actually seriously interested in the answers to this question ...

Would you rather be sitting in 3rd place in Npower League 1, having not been beaten in the League for almost 50 games and scoring goals for fun, with the same squad of players that Huddersfield currently has ..

or

Would you rather be sitting in 11th place in the Npower Championship, one point off the play-off places but seemingly unable to buy a goal at the moment, with the same squad of players that BHA currently has ..

I guess my question is probably aimed more at the moaning minnies who currently seem unhappy, rather than the ones who aren't moaning, because I'm pretty sure what answer the non-moaners will give.

Remember, there is no such thing as a wrong opinion, please give yours freely.....

Much better in our current position. We're going through a lean patch at the moment, but we have every chance of improving and being in contention for promotion at the end of the season. We're also playing against much bigger teams, drawing bigger crowds.
If we were currently 3rd in League 1, there is a distinct possibility that we would still be there next season.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I wouldn't swap our position for anything at the moment. We are enjoying one of the greatest rides ever, and we're nowhere near the end of it either

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wouldn't swap our position for anything at the moment. We are enjoying one of the greatest rides ever, and we're nowhere near the end of it either

is the correct answer , no one said it was going to be easy - some just assumed it would be , others knew better.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Better in chanpionship no doubt, better standard of football , away fans more pasionate ,better away grounds and one good run away from the prem .Think gus will need at least two seasons to get sqaud right be patient the jump from div 1 is bigger than we all thought and after our good start we all got a bit carried away .Im sure gus is fully aware who is and who is not up to it at this level .loads more ins and outs to come Tb will fund it he is here to stay and is playing the long game .

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Bearing in mind all the angst and hand-wringing going on just lately on this board, I am actually seriously interested in the answers to this question ...

Would you rather be sitting in 3rd place in Npower League 1, having not been beaten in the League for almost 50 games and scoring goals for fun, with the same squad of players that Huddersfield currently has ..

or

Would you rather be sitting in 11th place in the Npower Championship, one point off the play-off places but seemingly unable to buy a goal at the moment, with the same squad of players that BHA currently has ..

I guess my question is probably aimed more at the moaning minnies who currently seem unhappy, rather than the ones who aren't moaning, because I'm pretty sure what answer the non-moaners will give.

Remember, there is no such thing as a wrong opinion, please give yours freely.....

Given the number of times Hudersfield have tripped up on the run-in in Division 1 recently, no real comparison is there? Even nicer to be in 10th spot in the Championship..would have been higher FFS sake, Murray!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Would you rather be sitting in 3rd place in Npower League 1, having not been beaten in the League for almost 50 games, and lost in the play offs 2 years running and scoring goals for fun, with the same squad of players that Huddersfield currently has ..

I think I know where Huddersfield would rather be. Apart from all the obvious reasons why we are in a much better position, the Amex might not be the same with 300-400 away fans each week, 3 or 4 teams being the exception. Its great when the away end is full aka Leeds, Palace, West Ham, Forest this week & Saints soon after, who knows we might even win when the away end is full sometime soon please.......

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The problem eeees not that complicated, but is a combination of unfortunate injuries and a loss in confidence. Confidence is EVERYTHING. We have the same group of players playing the same football where the Liverpool fans were saying we were certs for promotion. String a few results together and see the difference.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The problem eeees not that complicated, but is a combination of unfortunate injuries and a loss in confidence. Confidence is EVERYTHING. We have the same group of players playing the same football where the Liverpool fans were saying we were certs for promotion. String a few results together and see the difference.

The problem ees solved when you get to 50 points. More are a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here