Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few bits and pieces of news

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Reorganisation: Quite possible, in line with cost cutting.

Suspensions: Doesn't take an insider to work out they probably aren't coming back.

Vicente: Personally I think he is gone and not coming back.

Fan4fifty

May 17, 2013
Vicente was gutted to leave. He couldn't stand Gus. If Gus has gone there is every chance he will return.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
thanks for the info - however, i also have a contact at the club, but im not 100% convinced by the vicente thing, it goes against a bit of what ive heard. im hoping im wrong however
Not saying it is going to happen - just that in his opinion having a player as good as Vicente desperate to stay and largely only leaving due to conflict with the manager makes his staying a distinct possibility when a new manager is appointed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Vicente coming back - no chance

Restructuring - yes. Redundancies - yes

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think it might or might not be true about Vicente.

I feel the same about the suspensions.

As for the restructuring...I'm on the fence.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I am NOT speculating

I know it is none of my/our business but I just cannot understand why Charlie would get himself into trouble like this - he is obviously not as wealthy as Gus and Tanno and it was widely reported a few years ago that he was very badly stung by some terrible investment advice and then there is Oatway junior trying to develop his football career, gave a very good account of himself in the sussex senior cup final but is no longer a part of the albion development squad - not forgetting that Charlie has been a great servant to the club on and off the field for many years

who was it who sung 'there are more questions than answers' ??

... Johnny Nash ... 'And the more I find out the less I know' :shrug:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Club Staff Meeting likely to be linked to an answer provided by Mr Barber in his first Answers to Questions thread;
"our club’s general running costs are also higher than I would expect. And we will be taking tough decisions to reduce our costs as quickly as possible"

Unlikely that this is the playing staff......

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Vicente thing seems unlikely, but if there is anything to it maybe he is just keeping his options open?

Of all of our loanees I thought Vicente least likely to stay because his contribution this last season was so sparse. Whereas Bridge and Upson were quality additions to the side.

I felt Upson was most likely to get a permanent deal and naturally hoped that Bridge might stay too, but suspected that we would get gazumped.

Upson and Bridge won't be easy to replace.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Had a chat yesterday with someone who has contacts at the club. He told me something had happened last week and that club staff had been asked to report in Thursday this week for a briefing. He said the word "re-structuring" was used. He did not know if this was with regard to the managers job or not.

He told me what he believed to be the reasons behind the suspensions and he said he would be VERY suprised if Poyet, Tanno and especially Charlie returned. Have to say I agree with him. Cannot say more on this for obvious reasons!

This confirms what I also heard - that something was due to happen on Thursday and also that there was absolutely no way back for the suspended parties.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have a second hand contact at the club who currently is as high as you can get excluding TB and PB. I don't ask any questions and therefore have no inside info :down:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have a contact at the club too.

He told me that there is a big meeting on Tuesday and a big meeting on Friday. He thought that there would probably be tea and biscuits at the Tuesday meeting, but on Friday it might just be water as they sometimes run out of milk.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

He told me that there is a big meeting on Tuesday and a big meeting on Friday. He thought that there would probably be tea and biscuits at the Tuesday meeting, but on Friday it might just be water as they sometimes run out of milk.

What sort of milk do they have that means if they run out they can only offer water rather than milk-less tea?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

'A meeting without coffee' is recognised code for a good googling....???

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I am NOT speculating

I know it is none of my/our business but I just cannot understand why Charlie would get himself into trouble like this - he is obviously not as wealthy as Gus and Tanno and it was widely reported a few years ago that he was very badly stung by some terrible investment advice and then there is Oatway junior trying to develop his football career, gave a very good account of himself in the sussex senior cup final but is no longer a part of the albion development squad - not forgetting that Charlie has been a great servant to the club on and off the field for many years

who was it who sung 'there are more questions than answers' ??
He's been an integral part of the Gus' team for three and a half years, they're friends, and Gus has said he'd take him wherever he went. I don't know why it would be 'esepcially' Oatway but I don't see why people are so surprised he's in the same boat as Poyet and Taricco.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
He's been an integral part of the Gus' team for three and a half years, they're friends, and Gus has said he'd take him wherever he went. I don't know why it would be 'esepcially' Oatway but I don't see why people are so surprised he's in the same boat as Poyet and Taricco.

I know that Gus likes and respects Charlie because Charlie tells Gus like it is - not what he wants to hear.

I didn't know that Gus has said he would take Charlie wherever he went. That being the case, no need for me to be perplexed

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wow, id be amazed if a company told their employees a week in advance to attend a meeting for "re-structuring" considering what everyone know this means. normally, its at a convened meeting that the restructuring is announced. but not as surprised as i'd be if Vicente continued to have any part to play with our club. so, same old rumour mill rubbish then isnt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here