Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few Albion 'fans' being nationalistic ****s on the train last night...a rare occurrence?

Dec 29, 2011
If they knew OP was Irish or heard his family talking id say it was pretty offensive, as it's effectively insinuating anyone Irish is in the IRA. If it was just a coincidence Id chalk it up to a bunch of drunk morons but nothing more sinister.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry mate - I think you're making it up.

'Other flag-waving tunes' such as what?!

The opening post doesn't seem to ring true. Buckeejit says he's been going for 20 years, but the calls us 'you lot.'
He doesn't answer questions put to him.

Fwiw, I've never heard this sung at an Albion game, although I have during an England match.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
image.jpg

Every club has em

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If it was sung, not sure why, doesnt make a lot of sense in this day and age, but no big deal.
If it was sung, because some Irish people were in the carriage to intimidate them, and make them
feel uncomfortable, thats another thing. Thats twats.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Can't see the point of singing that song at an Albion game, but if they aren't IRA sympathisers, no need to get offended. If however they are, then f#ck 'em.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Considering the amount of Irish legends we've had associated with the club (Gerry Armstrong, Liam Brady, Chris Hughton etc .)

It does seem silly to sing anti IRA songs.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Considering the amount of Irish legends we've had associated with the club (Gerry Armstrong, Liam Brady, Chris Hughton etc .)

Didn't realise they were IRA.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree.

If you're going to post it on Nsc, wouldn't you use your phone to video it too (portrait of course).

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Well im offended.

Because were a nation to find offence out of every thing we can.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I guess the human race can also be split into those who sound like a pompous @rse and those that don't - and you sit squarely in the first category!
I have no idea who this group was - but it may well be some of the lads who drink in the Railway Bell who over the last few weeks have been raising money in support of a fellow Albion fan (and his family) who is seriously ill with cancer culminating in a fund-raising do last night in the pub which has raised £8,000- in total - just saying!

The chances of a group of lads who actually care about others, singing this tribal dirge are remote. More likely a bunch of pissed up plastics attending their first, and if we don't get promoted, last game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here