Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A drum....!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Worth a go. Thought the atmosphere was pitiful 1st half yesterday. WSP where I reside was v poor and the north could hardly be heard.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bank holiday games are almost always a bit flat these days, at any stadium. St James's Park was terrible the night before. Withdean used to be even worse than normal on Boxing Day matches. I tend to assume people are hungover or suffering from seasonal overindulgence, and far too knackered to make a noise. It's pretty much the same everywhere.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw a similar sounding group at East Croydon on the way to Charlton last season. Sadly, this was pre-noon and the BT police didn't take too kindly to them drenching other passengers and stopped them boarding the train so not sure if they managed to get to the match in the end.

Don't mind if they want to drench each other with cheap lager but other people shouldn't be getting wet.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He took it out a store room so maybe wasn't allowed it at his seat. He needs some practice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't mind if they want to drench each other with cheap lager but other people shouldn't be getting wet.

Agreed- without wanting to sound like a miserable old git, plenty of people don't wish to walk around smelling like a brewery for the rest of the day. Somebody drenched poor old Liz Costa in lager at the Riverside before the final league game of last season, and she was fuming (I mean, her momentary rant was actually quite funny, as she's not somebody I generally expect to hear swearing, but I could fully understand her annoyance).

Spare me the "screaming for a policeman" comments, by the way: they're very old now :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agreed- without wanting to sound like a miserable old git, plenty of people don't wish to walk around smelling like a brewery for the rest of the day. Somebody drenched poor old Liz Costa in lager at the Riverside before the final league game of last season, and she was fuming (I mean, her momentary rant was actually quite funny, as she's not somebody I generally expect to hear swearing, but I could fully understand her annoyance).

Spare me the "screaming for a policeman" comments, by the way: they're very old now :thumbsup:

Agree with your comments, and you are not sounding like a miserable old git.
At £4.30 a pint anyone with any brains isn't going to be throwing beer up in the air. I'm sure one of these boys is going to soak the wrong person one day and end up looking for their teeth.

Maybe each concourse can have a sectioned off beer luzzing area. :):) I've never seen anyone in the WSU throwing it around though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fosters is for luzzing, it's in the rules

Oh I fully concur that it serves no drinking purpose, that's for sure. But I also suggest that those who want to cover themselves in it, are free to do so, but that they should also respect the desire of others not to be likewise soaked.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Too right. A young lad tweeted a video of them doing this at an away game recently. Not good. A lot of people will be furious if they get drenched in beer - and rightly so. Needs to be nipped in the bud.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Too right. A young lad tweeted a video of them doing this at an away game recently. Not good. A lot of people will be furious if they get drenched in beer - and rightly so. Needs to be nipped in the bud.

I was lucky at Bristol City away, I started to queue for a beer near a group of young lads that were singing, I then noticed another 2 bars further up the concourse that had no queue and moved along. Five minutes later the beer luzzing stated.
I didn't see if any other fans got showered as I could only see beer going up in the air, oh and a bin. ???

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bank holiday games are almost always a bit flat these days, at any stadium. St James's Park was terrible the night before. Withdean used to be even worse than normal on Boxing Day matches. I tend to assume people are hungover or suffering from seasonal overindulgence, and far too knackered to make a noise. It's pretty much the same everywhere.

An absolute humdinger of a goal to take us top of the league (in running, admittedly) is sufficient for a gnarled old Albion watcher like me to get mega-excited about and want to cheer them to the proverbial rafters. I just find it hard to watch those happy to sit on their hands, go for beer at 38 minutes, and then half the ground to leave early. Who cares? say many, but I do: I want the ground to rock and us all to get prematurely carried away. It's the journey not the destination.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was lucky at Bristol City away, I started to queue for a beer near a group of young lads that were singing, I then noticed another 2 bars further up the concourse that had no queue and moved along. Five minutes later the beer luzzing stated.
I didn't see if any other fans got showered as I could only see beer going up in the air, oh and a bin. ???

My northern mates at uni had a saying: if you can't drink it, don't buy it.

PG

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An absolute humdinger of a goal to take us top of the league (in running, admittedly) is sufficient for a gnarled old Albion watcher like me to get mega-excited about and want to cheer them to the proverbial rafters. I just find it hard to watch those happy to sit on their hands, go for beer at 38 minutes, and then half the ground to leave early. Who cares? say many, but I do: I want the ground to rock and us all to get prematurely carried away. It's the journey not the destination.

PG

Couldn't agree more! I was just offering a suggestion as to why yesterday might have seemed a bit flat at times. Hopefully there'll be a little more excitement for Cardiff :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just find it hard to watch those happy to sit on their hands, go for beer at 38 minutes, and then half the ground to leave early. Who cares? say many, but I do: I want the ground to rock and us all to get prematurely carried away. It's the journey not the destination.

Team fence.

I want ground rockingness aplenty but I also have games where I arrive bang on kick-off and head off for a beer well before half-time. I don't tend to leave before full-time but I fully appreciate why some do though.

And yesterday when I was perfectly capable of getting to the game is watched at home on TV.

If would be dull if we were all the same.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Team fence.

I want ground rockingness aplenty but I also have games where I arrive bang on kick-off and head off for a beer well before half-time. I don't tend to leave before full-time but I fully appreciate why some do though.

And yesterday when I was perfectly capable of getting to the game is watched at home on TV.

If would be dull if we were all the same.

Bit of a contradiction there boss. There's nothing worse for the atmosphere than when half the ground is up and down to let folks out before HT. It's like you want to have your beer and....errrr drink it. Which given the queues in WSU......is kinda understandable(!) Straight question: does it bother you if you miss a goal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here