[TV] A Cow's Life: The True Cost of Milk? - Panorama

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think they faked the thousands of dolphin's having their throats slit after being penned in the bay

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

using edge case practice to promote the cause sounds like an exaggeration, doesnt really address overfishing.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I’m Vegan and what I find annoying is the mindless, paranoid shit-stirring from some meat eaters (not necessarily on here BTW) who love to perpetuate a boorish stereotype of a typical Vegan.

This is a Vegan who roundly hates meat eaters, regards meat eaters as evil, cruel sadists and will shove his highly principled views in the face of anyone who dare to look at a chicken nugget.

In my experience, most Vegans are like me - believe in free choice, probably ate meat for most of their life and see the pros and cons of both sides.

If you want to be Vegan, then be Vegan. If you want to eat meat, hey then eat meat….

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh dear I wondered when the common vegan trope of referring to cows as mothers, calves as babies and throwing in the murder reference for good measure would make an appearance. It's an attempt to humanise cattle which are a food resource and bred entirely for that purpose. I'm surprised you didn't allege that the farmers rape the cows In order to make them pregnant.

Impregnation of cows is not a nasty business its necessary in order to produce new cattle, the cows are in estrus and essentially ready to be pregnant, allowing a bull in their to do it naturally is actually quite dangerous for the cows. The calves are eventually taken from the cows not ripped and I don't imagine they have to provide boxes of cow sized kleenex for all your poor crying mother cows. Separation anxiety is a human condition that you've also transferred to these cows.

Your simplistic advice to just eat plants doesn't work either
With respect, you're talking shit.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I’m Vegan and what I find annoying is the mindless, paranoid shit-stirring from some meat eaters (not necessarily on here BTW) who love to perpetuate a boorish stereotype of a typical Vegan.

This is a Vegan who roundly hates meat eaters, regards meat eaters as evil, cruel sadists and will shove his highly principled views in the face of anyone who dare to look at a chicken nugget.

In my experience, most Vegans are like me - believe in free choice, probably ate meat for most of their life and see the pros and cons of both sides.

If you want to be Vegan, then be Vegan. If you want to eat meat, hey then eat meat….

I tend to agree with this. The problem is that with any group which pursues a non-mainstream lifestyle, there will always be a vociferous and sometimes belligerent minority who get a disproportionate amount of attention. The quiet majority then get labelled as zealots/preachy/smug or whatever.

I gradually gave up meat a couple of years ago, for reasons that make sense to me but which I don't inflict on others. It's strange how some people I know seem to regard this as an almost hostile act, especially when you're eating with them. You find yourself having to justify a decision which really was never intended for discussion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I tend to agree with this. The problem is that with any group which pursues a non-mainstream lifestyle, there will always be a vociferous and sometimes belligerent minority who get a disproportionate amount of attention. The quiet majority then get labelled as zealots/preachy/smug or whatever.

Non-mainstream?

You can't move on TV ad breaks and bus shelter advertising for the mainstream promotion of "plant based".

It's almost like some of the world's least ethical companies are looking to monetise it.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Non-mainstream?

You can't move on TV ad breaks and bus shelter advertising for the mainstream promotion of "plant based".

It's almost like some of the world's least ethical companies are looking to monetise it.

I'm sure vegans and veggies would argue that they see far more evidence of and promotions for meat products in an average day than any carnivore will see for plant-based foods! :lolol:

And of course food companies are trying to monetise it. Food is a business, all through the supply chain. We can all decide which ones we want to give our money to.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Oh dear I wondered when the common vegan trope of referring to cows as mothers, calves as babies and throwing in the murder reference for good measure would make an appearance. It's an attempt to humanise cattle which are a food resource and bred entirely for that purpose. I'm surprised you didn't allege that the farmers rape the cows In order to make them pregnant.

Impregnation of cows is not a nasty business its necessary in order to produce new cattle, the cows are in estrus and essentially ready to be pregnant, allowing a bull in their to do it naturally is actually quite dangerous for the cows. The calves are eventually taken from the cows not ripped and I don't imagine they have to provide boxes of cow sized kleenex for all your poor crying mother cows. Separation anxiety is a human condition that you've also transferred to these cows.

Your simplistic advice to just eat plants doesn't work either

Sorry but that's f**cking ridiculous.

They do it for the farmer's own enjoyment, obviously. :thumbsup:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

I gradually gave up meat a couple of years ago, for reasons that make sense to me but which I don't inflict on others. It's strange how some people I know seem to regard this as an almost hostile act, especially when you're eating with them. You find yourself having to justify a decision which really was never intended for discussion.

Yes well said. Only last week I went to a team lunch and there was a guy there I didn’t know very well.

When I started looking at the Vegan options he blurted out ‘oh I suppose you are going to tell us all not to eat the meat?’. He was joking but it still seemed a bit weird.

I just don’t know where this Mr Angry, Righteous Vegan exists, as I’ve not met him yet…

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes well said. Only last week I went to a team lunch and there was a guy there I didn’t know very well.

When I started looking at the Vegan options he blurted out ‘oh I suppose you are going to tell us all not to eat the meat?’. He was joking but it still seemed a bit weird.

I just don’t know where this Mr Angry, Righteous Vegan exists, as I’ve not met him yet…

You haven’t come across AstroSloth then?:D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please don’t project your insecurities on me.

If you had read the thread you would have understood the context behind my message.

Thanks

Sorry, but I really couldn’t resist it. :smile:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

There does seem to be a certain type of meat-eater who takes the choices of others as a personal slight. Omnivorous Fragility is real :lolol:

I was quite happy with myself for coining that term (OF) so decided to do a quick google before posting and, alas, I was beaten to it by 6 years http://sistahvegan.com/2016/02/25/i...mnivorous-fragility-in-the-ethical-foodscape/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports