Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A catering moan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will be concerned when nobody is drinking at the stadium after the match, yes many fans will be in pubs drinking Harveys but as you know it's not sold in every local pub.

The Amex is not Harveys bread and butter sales it is a bonus, takeit or leave it, so no they will not be unduly concerned.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said the simple answer is Keg beer in all of the away concourse serving areas and a keg beer fitting in I of each other concourse so if no Harveys at serving point A you can get Greene King Special keg at one of the other points in the concourse. It is also possible that some people may prefer the keg so increased sales. Having it on general sale in the away end means you would never have it run out of date.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is Harveys are not concerned either way the problem is with Sodexo they are the ones that should be worried about falling sales. The club should also not for the financial angle so much as the service to their customers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brewerys pay tax on production of beer and HARVEYS are at the top of their groups permitted brewing level. If they brew more they will move up a group and pay more tax so unless they can dramatically increase their production, which their premises probably do not allow, ie double production, they would move into the next tax bracket to pay more tax and perhaps not earn much money themselves. They are therefore happy to maintain brewing levels but are not worried about slightly increasing them.

That is as was explained to me by Miles Jenner and Hamish(?) Elder some time ago when I asked them about increasing their sales. I may have got the first name of Mr Elder Jnr wrong.

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Talking of Harveys, what happened to Harveys 'R'? Did they decide that no one wanted it or are they ripping us off by advertising the normal stuff whilst actually selling the 2.8% pretend beer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brewerys pay tax on production of beer and HARVEYS are at the top of their groups permitted brewing level. If they brew more they will move up a group and pay more tax so unless they can dramatically increase their production, which their premises probably do not allow, ie double production, they would move into the next tax bracket to pay more tax and perhaps not earn much money themselves. They are therefore happy to maintain brewing levels but are not worried about slightly increasing them.

That is as was explained to me by Miles Jenner and Hamish(?) Elder some time ago when I asked them about increasing their sales. I may have got the first name of Mr Elder Jnr wrong.

Do you wonder why they bothered with the huge AMEX contract?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
More importantly when are they going to start selling Scotch Eggs and Sausage Rolls in the ground?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Twaddle.

They have a sponsorship deal with the Albion, and the club is one of its single biggest purchasers.

As told to me by the heads of Harveys they are or at least were brewing to capacity so from the brewing supply angle they would not be concerned because of this tax bracket thing, but from a PR angle they possibly would.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I had 2 pints of Harveys after the game and I also had a Hot Dog and a BBQ pork pie.

It was quite a good day on the catering front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here