Bishops Stortford
Did someone say something?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Agree 100%
It's seems the posters whinging about an away end or banning away fans ( Palace), are the very ones who are most nasty when we return fire on a Palace wind up thread.
As Dougie as said, we know the obvious wind up merchants, and I will respond in kind, but I will sensibly debate with other posters who havent got an agenda.
By creating an away end, you won't stop the piss taking and sniping, unless you take a scatter gun approach and ban any Palace fan who says anything some don't agree with.
Bozza's got it spot on, unless someone is out to offend, a slap on the wrist normally works, but if it doesn't, ban them.
In short, don't start wind up threads then moan about the response.
Good night .

yeah but your a Palarse **** and shouldn't be polluting NSC with you're poxy scummy stuff! **** off back to Smellhurst and your tinpot BBS.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
yeah but your a Palarse **** and shouldn't be polluting NSC with you're poxy scummy stuff! **** off back to Smellhurst and your tinpot BBS.

:thumbsup:

You're trying too hard to impress Hillian 1 !

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
People often moan "I reported something and nothing happened." They would have no idea if anything happened or not since infractions remain private between the user and the moderator.

From experience I would say the issuance of an infraction results in one of two reactions:

1. Something like "Fair enough, I'll try not to do it again." - this probably happens around 90% of the time.

2. An immediate ramping up of the abuse which quickly results in a ban - the remaining 10% of occurrences.

Really ?

I think you have missed out the important and probably most persistent result of an infraction/ban.

The WUMs...particularly from Crystal Palace, merely open another account......and continue with new accounts ad infinitum. If you want to register on the BBS board for example, once accepted the first few posts are moderated before being allowed on their main forum. It,s not perfect of course, but eliminates persistent WUMs.

Until a couple of years ago, if you mentioned NSC to those fellow supporters around you in the ground (Withdean and the Amex), although many never posted they looked in and enjoyed its variety of topics.

Today, if you mention NSC to supporters in your seat vicinity, the overwhelming response is...."Oh that load of f*****g s**t". Generally speaking it is, and has become an embarrassment. There are still a few threads worth reading, but far, far less than in the past.

For those who enjoy the 'banter' with the WUMs (as opposed to genuine opinions of decent away supporters), I,m sure your days are full happiness now. Sadly, it has meant the loss of many decent posters, many decent comedy and self deprecating threads and above all the loss of being able to discuss issues of merit regarding the Albion, due to knowing full well that the WUMs will have a field day.

Poor moderating judgement and a lack of awareness in understanding that this forum is no longer representative of the average Albion supporter or able to give an Albion supporter a recognised voice of opinion, has diminished its value considerably.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
This forum has never been representative of the average Albion supporter.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You have the best football site on the web. It's main strength is the fact that many interesting topics are all in one place, whether that is general football related matters, current affairs in the news that are non football related or of course BHA specific topics. Yes, there are lots of Palace related topics too, but many of these are started by BHA fans. Our clubs have a great rivallry. I think we all take huge pleasure out of occasions when either of our clubs are in trouble and strife. Surely that's the whole point of having a rivallry? Steve Parish was asked about what it felt like having 20,000 fans singing ''Stand up if you hate Palace'' and his answer was at least they care! A great point. He went on to say that every club want's their big derby game. Where would Barcelona be without Real Madrid? Or Arsenal without Tottenham etc. Where would we be without each other? I certainly would hate it if I had no other club that I cared about enough to take great pleasure when they lose or when we triumph over them. Just as you must enjoy your (admittedly rare) triumphs you have over us. :wink: Imagine being Charlton who no-one cares about? :smile:

I am a relatively rare poster on here but an avid reader. Yes, I have overstepped the mark sometimes and have received infractions for it but in each of those cases (well, ok, most of them) I was only responding to points made by BHA fans about Palace related topics. I genuinely think that the majority of posters on here enjoy the banter between us. Having an away end where Palace fans are limited to posting only there would ruin it. i could go on the BBS away end and and slag off Brighton all day long if I wanted to but I never even look at it. That's because it is just full of complete nonsense and abuse from both sides. Banter and digs are good, out and out abuse is boring. If some on here are too precious to take a bit of banter then I'm surprised you even go to football matches.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really ?

I think you have missed out the important and probably most persistent result of an infraction/ban.

The WUMs...particularly from Crystal Palace, merely open another account......and continue with new accounts ad infinitum. If you want to register on the BBS board for example, once accepted the first few posts are moderated before being allowed on their main forum. It,s not perfect of course, but eliminates persistent WUMs.

Until a couple of years ago, if you mentioned NSC to those fellow supporters around you in the ground (Withdean and the Amex), although many never posted they looked in and enjoyed its variety of topics.

Today, if you mention NSC to supporters in your seat vicinity, the overwhelming response is...."Oh that load of f*****g s**t". Generally speaking it is, and has become an embarrassment. There are still a few threads worth reading, but far, far less than in the past.

For those who enjoy the 'banter' with the WUMs (as opposed to genuine opinions of decent away supporters), I,m sure your days are full happiness now. Sadly, it has meant the loss of many decent posters, many decent comedy and self deprecating threads and above all the loss of being able to discuss issues of merit regarding the Albion, due to knowing full well that the WUMs will have a field day.

Poor moderating judgement and a lack of awareness in understanding that this forum is no longer representative of the average Albion supporter or able to give an Albion supporter a recognised voice of opinion, has diminished its value considerably.

We should make decisions about NSC based on the users rather than other supporters that pop in from time to time for a look.

I also agree with GNF that NSC has never been representative of the average Albion supporter. Most of the supporters I know don't frequent the site and have always considered it a load of bollocks and us a load of knobheads (which of course is completely correct, but my point is that in this regard, nothing has changed).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why not just have a stick thread at the top of the bigboard page called "The Rivalry". Then anything Albion/Palace can be said in there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
One of the best football chat site on the web which should be left well alone , some of the best post I have ever read on the nett have been on here , it is also well moderated fair banter is left alone and to be fair is enjoyed by most , but if posters does step out of line they are sorted out very quickly. Some post from palace friends chaps even make me cringe sometimes but the banter is both ways most of the time.
Plus you would properly find that you missed us as you would only have each other to have a go at , and is there any more fun than having a go at a palace fan

And it seems it's always the ones who dish it out that can't take it . Look this is a good site , I prefer it to the bbs that's for sure . In my short time on here I know who I can spar with and who I can bait it it's never vicious and in my view it helps to keep the rivalry alive .. I agree some palace go over the top , I have at times , but a warning or infraction normally dampens the ardour . As rock said if we weren't here you would miss us , you would , So stop the whining and grow a pair even if you tell me to feck off :thumbsup:

Regretabely I agree. TBF there's as much a prob with our own WUM's as there is with this lot.

The mods do a good job and the forum would lose a lot of its character without this lot

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seaside eagle is on a one man multi-user crusade to cause an away end on this forum :lolol:

That's where the real problem is.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Agree 100%
It's seems the posters whinging about an away end or banning away fans ( Palace), are the very ones who are most nasty when we return fire on a Palace wind up thread.
As Dougie as said, we know the obvious wind up merchants, and I will respond in kind, but I will sensibly debate with other posters who havent got an agenda.
By creating an away end, you won't stop the piss taking and sniping, unless you take a scatter gun approach and ban any Palace fan who says anything some don't agree with.
Bozza's got it spot on, unless someone is out to offend, a slap on the wrist normally works, but if it doesn't, ban them.
In short, don't start wind up threads then moan about the response.
Good night .

Look,this getting to be a habit...that's twice on the trot that you have spoken sense...but do feel grieved that I cannot post on your forums...got blocked before I could post....love having Palace on here...it shows you still love us really x

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
When you ban seaside the **** just makes a new username, should ban by ip.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh god Im fed up with this. Didnt we vote for this before and vote to leave things the way it is?

And how many people realise how difficult it would be to moderate? What it would mean is a part of NSC which others had access to who could not use the rest of the NSC... that is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Just be thankful for what weve got because lets be honest.... where else could you go?

The most manageable (and still I would reckon would cause problems) would be if people think a thread is becoming overrun, inform the mods and they could mark it in some way to warn others..... but I bet you if we did this more NSCers would dip in to find out what the fuss was about.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Please describe how the away end and posting rights generally would work with respect to...

i) Existing users who are non-Albion but decent sorts otherwise
ii) Existing users who are non-Albion, decent sorts otherwise but makes an occasional well-observed dig at the Albion
iii) New users who are clearly non-Albion
iv) New users who, initially at least, have indeterminate allegiances which become apparent as non-Albion at some future point
v) Albion fans who are somewhat twattish by and large

vi) Decent discussion threads that get derailed by non-Albion fans and a binfest develops prior to moderator intervention.

Darren, The way its done up the road on the BBS is pretty simple, any new user of whatever allegiance has full rights to post on any thread on the forum.

Wheres certain parts are generally designated for their home fans, a non home fan on sign up has full access rights to post on a subject in any thread home or away, across the forum, and if they post in the home end and its informative, genuine and respectful he/she is left alone to contribute by their Mods, they may get the odd comment from a home fan, but the mods leave them be.

In principle it would be the same as if an away fan sat in the home end at a match, if they dont show their colours or goad the home fans, chances are they will get left alone, as soon as they start to goad the home fans or show their colours, they'd get thrown out and removed from the home end.

The Away fans end the rules are much more lax and anyone home or away, can write what they want short of outright abuse, its the wild west area of the forum. Home fans that want to engage the away fans, dish out some stick, have some banter can do, but those that don't aren't subjected to it

Whereas NSC now just dishes out bans to over zealous aways fans or persistent Palace trolls, if you had an away fans end, The zealous away fans and palace trolls would be allowed to do, write, and goad as much as they like within the away end.

How its policed/moded is straight forward.

If an away fan starts a non albion thread in the albion section its moved to away end, If an obvious away fan steps over the mark slightly in a home section they will be warned just once, if they do it again their fate will be the same as the troll the very first time they do it, they immediately get banished to the away end for good and have all access rights to non away end thread sections permanently removed from their username. Next time user logs in, the only section he can access and post on is the away end.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The most manageable (and still I would reckon would cause problems) would be if people think a thread is becoming overrun, inform the mods and they could mark it in some way to warn others..... but I bet you if we did this more NSCers would dip in to find out what the fuss was about.

This is something I've considered. Like we have the little Albion shirt / cricket ball / horse racing icons next to the thread title. Perhaps we have a Palace shirt icon, which we use for threads in which Palace fans are welcome to post.

Arguments against, are:

1. What about ALBION threads that inevitably have a Palace interest (like the Bridcutt transfer ones).

2. The sight of half a dozen little Palace shirts on the big board would be unacceptable to many.

3. Why shouldn't SENSIBLE Palace (and others) be allowed to join in SENSIBLE discussions on other topics - music, food, life?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports