A BLATANT begging for an Away End

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Let them post on the main board. It just shows that Albion fans are more classy than their shower of knobbers and wall eyed mongs.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Please describe how the away end and posting rights generally would work with respect to...

i) Existing users who are non-Albion but decent sorts otherwise
ii) Existing users who are non-Albion, decent sorts otherwise but makes an occasional well-observed dig at the Albion
iii) New users who are clearly non-Albion
iv) New users who, initially at least, have indeterminate allegiances which become apparent as non-Albion at some future point
v) Albion fans who are somewhat twattish by and large

vi) Decent discussion threads that get derailed by non-Albion fans and a binfest develops prior to moderator intervention.

Isn't that just overcomplicating the issue?

Have an Away end area where anyone can post all their usual nonsense and limit posters that ignore the Away end and Main board rules to this area, no infractions or warnings just as soon as they start spouting off limit their posting rights to the Away end. Soon enough the main board will be used by people obeying the rules and everything else will be in the away end or elsewhere, the same stuff will be posted and started by all the same people it will just reside in a different area. It may mean the Mods will be a little busy initially as the usual trolls who cant help themselves are individually picked off and given limited access but it would soon enough be manageable on a daily basis surely?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
One of the best football chat site on the web which should be left well alone , some of the best post I have ever read on the nett have been on here , it is also well moderated fair banter is left alone and to be fair is enjoyed by most , but if posters does step out of line they are sorted out very quickly. Some post from palace friends chaps even make me cringe sometimes but the banter is both ways most of the time.
Plus you would properly find that you missed us as you would only have each other to have a go at , and is there any more fun than having a go at a palace fan

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One of the best football chat site on the web which should be left well alone , some of the best post I have ever read on the nett have been on here , it is also well moderated fair banter in left alone and to be fair is enjoyed by most , but if posters does step out of line they are sorted out very quickly. Some post from palace friends chaps even make me cringe sometimes but the banter is both ways most of the time.
Plus you would properly find that you missed us as you would only have each other to have a go at , and is there any more fun than having a go at a palace fan

Please stop posting such drivel.....er I mean common sense. You'll give our friends up the road a good name. Whatever next!

And while we're at it, if we need more moderators, how about The Major and Seagullsovergrimsby?:p

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
My God some of our fans are precious

And it seems it's always the ones who dish it out that can't take it . Look this is a good site , I prefer it to the bbs that's for sure . In my short time on here I know who I can spar with and who I can bait it it's never vicious and in my view it helps to keep the rivalry alive .. I agree some palace go over the top , I have at times , but a warning or infraction normally dampens the ardour . As rock said if we weren't here you would miss us , you would , So stop the whining and grow a pair even if you tell me to feck off :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And it seems it's always the ones who dish it out that can't take it . Look this is a good site , I prefer it to the bbs that's for sure . In my short time on here I know who I can spar with and who I can bait it it's never vicious and in my view it helps to keep the rivalry alive .. I agree some palace go over the top , I have at times , but a warning or infraction normally dampens the ardour . As rock said if we weren't here you would miss us , you would , So stop the whining and grow a pair even if you tell me to feck off :thumbsup:

I concur , all it needs is one of the mods to step in when things get out of hand

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Did not realise that Red n Blue started the Bridcutt to Palace one, but at least there was a sensible reason to start it! It has been somewhat derailed by trolls, I would agree, but then that was bound to happen due to the subject matter. I blame Ian Holloway for that one.

But I think that the general obsession on here at the moment with Palace is from Brighton fans and I think it is only right that they should be allowed to defend themselves - after all, that is the purpose of starting the thread, surely?
That's all true...and if it ain't broke don't fix it.....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Dougie...your welcome mate....as long as you keep making me laugh ...

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Disagree. Just ban the trolls when they spam and go to far, much as it annoys me A part of me quite enjoys that they are even here as it shows the obviously care very deeply about us :thumbsup: I don't want to go down the BBS away end route quite frankly because I think it's damn stupid.

100% agree, the BBS is full of rules that stifle debate and their Away End is nothing more than a troll binfest 24/7. NSC is fine as it is. Leave it alone.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Would agree if the mods banned them, but bannings are few and far between

Agree completely. Case in point a Palace troll called DannyCPFC posted another post in a thread he started(!) with the sole intention to wind us up. Has he been banned? Nope.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agree completely. Case in point a Palace troll called DannyCPFC posted another post in a thread he started(!) with the sole intention to wind us up. Has he been banned? Nope.

Did you report his post?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Problem is thread soon derails and becomes a pointless argument and one palace thread becomes like the other.
Brighton fans should be able to discuss play offs, signings, bids, even if they are to do with palace without it becoming a bore fest about how they beat us and how much prem money they now have.
Seaside eagle with his several ids makes sure of that.

Thing is ultimately those trolls and WUM come on here for a reaction, they get one, and they come back for more. If they were ignored, eventually after checking the thread a few times for a reaction they would give up. A few more times and they wouldn't bother with the board at all. The problem is that people enjoy responding to their nonsense and continuing the binfest.

Personally I don't have a problem with away supporters, some of them are WUMs and twats who start binfests but then so are some of our own supporters. All part of the rich tapestry of NSC.

Thing is ultimately those trolls and WUM come on here for a reaction, they get one, and they come back for more. If they were ignored, eventually after checking the thread a few times for a reaction they would give up. A few more times and they wouldn't bother with the board at all. The problem is that people enjoy responding to their nonsense and continuing the binfest.

I don't think they enjoy responding to the wind ups, I just think they lack the intelligence to ignore them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If we banned people for one indiscretion then there'd be very few posters left on NSC.

Where reported (or when a moderator just happens to notice) those responsible for unsociable behaviour receive an infraction. An infraction is a warning and carries with it a varying number of points. The prize that these points make is a banning. The first banning will be for a few days and it quickly ramps up from there until a user is banned permanently.

People often moan "I reported something and nothing happened." They would have no idea if anything happened or not since infractions remain private between the user and the moderator.

From experience I would say the issuance of an infraction results in one of two reactions:

1. Something like "Fair enough, I'll try not to do it again." - this probably happens around 90% of the time.

2. An immediate ramping up of the abuse which quickly results in a ban - the remaining 10% of occurrences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports