Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit of a long shot but.... (searching for Phil Turner)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
IMG_0168.JPG

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Worth a try.

I'm a Burton fan coming down for the game Saturday. I've lost touch with an old mate who is a massive Brighton fan and wanted to see if he posts on here. Understand it's a bit of a needle in a hay stack but worth a shot.

If you're Phil Turner who used to work on that Strawberry farm in Faversham, drop me a message, it would be great to meet up.

It's Craig from Sunderland by the way

and now to do the friendly bit, always had a lot of time for you boys right since the ground share days, thanks a lot for loaning us COG (he had been brilliant despite his lack of goals) watched a lot of Jamie Murhpy while he was at the Blades and who doesn't think Chris Hughton is just a thoroughly decent bloke and better than average gaffer. I've got my fingers crossed you stay top two.

Obviously hoping we nick a point off you on Saturday but wouldn't mind if you then went on to win the rest of your games and go up as Champs.

cheers.

If you google "Phil Turner BHAFC" the first result you get is a Twitter account of a BHAFC-supporting Phil Turner. No idea if it's your Phil Turner, of course, but if not, he might do as a pretty solid stand in?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know a Phil Turner and will ask him to read Nsc.

It isn't the bloke that I know.
remove it if you want mate it's in the public domain so no worries

Yes it was me who asked to have it removed because it showed his kids. It is on Facebook, but that is different to a football forum.
As it happens, it's not the right bloke.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Definitely worth a shot, you found me :)

Thank you NSC

Looks like he/she won't be seeing you Saturday unless he fancies extending his trip a few hundred miles south east.

broomo

Feb 8, 2017
Some cracking comebacks here lads, well done :)

I was told you were a decent bunch but didn't believe it for a second ;-)

Hello Philip me old mucker, nice to be in touch mate, I've finally managed to pick enough punnets to give you that quid I owe you :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like he/she won't be seeing you Saturday unless he fancies extending his trip a few hundred miles south east.

How many 'she's' do you know called Craig? Is this politically correctness gone wrong!? :lol:

Craig, I also would like to know how you're from Sunderland, Support Burton Albion and watched a lot of Sheff Utd - it sounds intriguing!

Phil - I also want to know if you're actually in Czech as we speak or if you're here and going to the game and meeting Craig from Sunderland who you worked with in Faversham - come on!

broomo

Feb 8, 2017
How many 'she's' do you know called Craig? Is this politically correctness gone wrong!? :lol:

Craig, I also would like to know how you're from Sunderland, Support Burton Albion and watched a lot of Sheff Utd - it sounds intriguing!

Phil - I also want to know if you're actually in Czech as we speak or if you're here and going to the game and meeting Craig from Sunderland who you worked with in Faversham - come on!

Long story Sheebo and probably one that will open a can of worms, I usually get my arse kicked off "proper" football fans who don't understand me :-(

As a kid I was very luckily dragged off the streets and "adopted" by Brian Clough and his family, so now for my sins I follow Nigel Clough to whichever job he goes to. Takes me to some very dark places (including Derby and the Blades), sometimes tough to explain but for those childhood reasons my loyalties are to Clough.

Unfortunately Phylis really is in Prague and we won't be catching up but to be fair it's not a bad place to go for a free weekend, so if he doesn't put me on block straight away I'll be inviting myself over soon enough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Long story Sheebo and probably one that will open a can of worms, I usually get my arse kicked off "proper" football fans who don't understand me :-(

As a kid I was very luckily dragged off the streets and "adopted" by Brian Clough and his family, so now for my sins I follow Nigel Clough to whichever job he goes to. Takes me to some very dark places (including Derby and the Blades), sometimes tough to explain but for those childhood reasons my loyalties are to Clough.

Unfortunately Phylis really is in Prague and we won't be catching up but to be fair it's not a bad place to go for a free weekend, so if he doesn't put me on block straight away I'll be inviting myself over soon enough.

Wow - wasn't expecting that! Great story mate.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I never thought I'd hear a story from a fan who supported more than one team that didn't make me think "whatever; you're a fair weather, plastic, will-o-the-wisp" (not least because I'm really a 19th century Romantic poet).

I was wrong. What a great story!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm so confused. But I fear it was me who caused my own confusion with that abstract post. So it's Craig and Phylis then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here