Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit early but what the hell... Norwich roll-call

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For the Liverpool St - Stratford part of the journey we just use the tube - if so can I use the ticket to get me from London Bridge to Stratford (i.e don't need to but a travelcard) ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A quick heads-up: the TfL website is showing that there is a bus replacement on part of the Jubilee line and that therfore the preferred route from London Bridge to Stratford is via the Northern Line and Central Lines (changing at Bank)

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the replacement bus service seems to be between Wembley Park and Waterloo, all to the west of London Bridge? I just looked, and couldn't see anything that's scheduled to affect eastbound Tube services from London Bridge to Stratford.

Where did you get the info about the preferred route?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the replacement bus service seems to be between Wembley Park and Waterloo, all to the west of London Bridge? I just looked, and couldn't see anything that's scheduled to affect eastbound Tube services from London Bridge to Stratford.

Where did you get the info about the preferred route?

TFL journey planner says the same.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
TFL journey planner says the same.

As what theboybilly said?

This is what I'm reading on the TFL site:

JUBILEE LINE: Saturday 22 November, no service between Wembley Park and Waterloo while we carry out essential tunnelling work at Bond Street and replace points at Neasden. Replacement buses operate.

When I put in London Bridge to Stratford at (say) 0900, almost every option offered seems to be a direct train, stopping at Bermondsey, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, North Greenwich, Canning Town, West Ham and Stratford- it says 18 minutes, so it doesn't look like a bus service to me. There is one other option offered, via the Northern and Central lines, changing at Bank. But everything else seems to be the normal Jubilee Line service.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As what theboybilly said?

This is what I'm reading on the TFL site:

JUBILEE LINE: Saturday 22 November, no service between Wembley Park and Waterloo while we carry out essential tunnelling work at Bond Street and replace points at Neasden. Replacement buses operate.

When I put in London Bridge to Stratford at (say) 0900, almost every option offered seems to be a direct train, stopping at Bermondsey, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, North Greenwich, Canning Town, West Ham and Stratford- it says 18 minutes, so it doesn't look like a bus service to me. There is one other option offered, via the Northern and Central lines, changing at Bank. But everything else seems to be the normal Jubilee Line service.

It gave me three times via Bank and one taking the DLR and changing at Shattered Dreams Parkway ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It gave me three times via Bank and one taking the DLR and changing at Shattered Dreams Parkway ???

Hmmm. Strange. What time were you looking at? I just typed in 0900.

Will have another look tomorrow...er...today, but the engineering works that I'm seeing don't seem to be affecting London Bridge eastbound services on the Jubilee Line.

How odd.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is what I see when I put the route in (all the other journeys look the same).

b0d3c677d4f9c6f6640f6ba587f3fc80.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Will have another look tomorrow...er...today, but the engineering works that I'm seeing don't seem to be affecting London Bridge eastbound services on the Jubilee Line.

How odd.

Did it earlier, can't remember the exact time. Am now seeing some direct Jubilee line trains from LBG to SRA which weren't showing earlier :shrug:

How odd.

Certainly is. I'm going into Waterloo and the route it takes me is the Jubilee Line via LB to Stratford. FWIW I had an email from TFL today confirming that the JL will only be shut northbound from Waterloo on Saturday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Certainly is. I'm going into Waterloo and the route it takes me is the Jubilee Line via LB to Stratford. FWIW I had an email from TFL today confirming that the JL will only be shut northbound from Waterloo on Saturday.

Agreed, it certainly looks like the trains we're after are unaffected. Perhaps they changed their plans, unlikely as that seems, as it certainly appears the TFL website was giving people different information earlier on Thursday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Was worried about the Jubilee line myself but the TFL works map seems to indicate everything is fine. Still on the 7.04 from Brighton tomorrow morning, even earlier than my weekday train!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Leaving 7am. Arrive South Norwich by 9.30, cuppa tea with the relatives, local bus into city centre, meet Norwich mates for beers, into Carrow road for the game, bus back to relatives, dinner and stay over at theirs, cooked breakfast Sunday morning, leave and home by midday. Jobs a good 'un! Come on you seagulls!!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Went to Norwich years ago,think it was in the third Division South but these days travelling to Falmer seems to be more than enough.
If you really have nothing better to do beware weekend rail and tube services are seriously affected by huge enginering works chances are we could be two down before you arrive.

theboybilly

It does look like I got the wrong info from the TfL website and all will be well with the Jubilee Line. Even if it isn't it's not too much of a hardship to go to Stratford via Bank.
With regards to pre-match pubs I might well wander up to the Jubilee instead of the Coach & Horses (which I can visit on the way back to the station) I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, I love Albion awaydays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here