Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Big Manager Poll with choice (unlike the Argus)

Poll for Manager with Genuine Choice

• Hoddle

Votes: 64 13.6%
  • Sherwood

Votes: 81 17.2%
  • Pulis

Votes: 92 19.6%
  • N Jones

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Mcghee

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meulenstein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chappers

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Mcdermott

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • Adkins

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Rosler

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Robinson

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Sven

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • R Garde

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ole Gunnar

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Mowbray

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • McCoist

• Zola

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • Hughton

Votes: 44 9.4%
  • Clement

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Hantz

• Clough

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • A N Other

Votes: 23 4.9%

• Total voters

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I went for Sherwood but it will probably be some foreigner none of us have ever heard of :(

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
OK, fair point. But that was 2 and a half years ago now and he had one of the best squads in the league, and since then he's had a tough time of it at Leeds.

He would just be a little uninspiring imho.

Kept Leeds up under a nutcase owner last season.
Took Reading from relegation zone to league winners and promotion to the Premier within 6 months.

Aside from that, nothing...

Feb 28, 2009
Pulis for me, a proven scrapper of a manager.

NOT Adkin. He was so rude about the Seagulls when he was at Soton. Mind you we did beat him in the league, and on TV

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
1.Pulis
2.Zola
3.Hughton
4.Mcdermott
5.Sherwood

troy

Feb 22, 2009
I heard from someone at the club yesterday, prior to the Hyypia announcement that Hoddle is the top choice.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well I did see someone seriously resembling Brian McDermott getting a fiver's worth of change on The Palace Pier today, seemed to be unwinding after a meeting. Could have been Gregg Wallace of course.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I know it's totally unrealistic, but my dream manager for Albion would be Fatih Terim--we need someone with his charisma and motivation skills, someone who can bring out the best even from average players.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes! NEW MANAGER SPECULATION TIME!

This has to be my FAVOURITE time for a stunning cocktail of football fan NONSENSE-TALK mixed with just a dash of cliche-driven drivel.

Let's get the basics out the way now:

It doesn't MATTER how amazing or rubbish they were in their last job. It's literally no barometer for how they will fair here. No doubt names will be mentioned met with various "not good enough for us". Well, sorry to ruin it but PLENTY of managers do bad at one club and then GREAT at their next.....hence them previously being out of work in the first place.

Who's top of the championship at the moment? Oh yeah. Eddie Howe who had 11 points in 10 games when he left Burnley having shown he "couldn't cut it" at a higher level.

Who else is up there? Mark Warburton? He's just some coach. Never manager before. Can't work.
Who's that bloke at the team who play the best footy in the league? Steve Mclaren? The bloke who was useless at England an Wolfsburg where he had the best players he's ever had access to?

Well, at least there are no FOREIGNERS up there because you need TRIED AND TESTED BRITISH who KNOW THIS LEAGUE. Oh, Aitor Karanka who has never manager before or coached/played in this country.

Bizarre.

Nathan Jones then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here