Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 99 years old

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Is what my Grandad Harold Gardner reaches today.
Relevant for the Albion, as without him persuading my Dad to let him take me to my first Albion match in April 1987 (Albion 2-0 Palace), I wonder if I’d ever have got the bug.

Nearly 800 games later, I think I got the bug!

Cheers Grandad. Not in the best of health sadly, but talking about the Albion still lights his eyes up wonderfully! X

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is what my Grandad Harold Gardner reaches today.
Relevant for the Albion, as without him persuading my Dad to let him take me to my first Albion match in April 1987 (Albion 2-0 Palace), I wonder if I’d ever have got the bug.

Nearly 800 games later, I think I got the bug!

Cheers Grandad. Not in the best of health sadly, but talking about the Albion still lights his eyes up wonderfully! X

Happy Birthday Grandpa Jam

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Happy Birthday Jam’s Grandad.
Is he still going to games ?

He wishes! No he last went about 20 years ago, but until recently me and my son frequently call him up after wins! He’s not long for this world sadly, but there’s still an engagement of small conversation when either talking about Albion or the War!

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He wishes! No he last went about 20 years ago, but until recently me and my son frequently call him up after wins! He’s not long for this world sadly, but there’s still an engagement of small conversation when either talking about Albion or the War!

Plenty of conversations about the Albion and war on NSC. Get him involved !:)
Have a great day.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

During the war . . . Are you sure his name is Harold, and not Albert Gardner? Does he have along bushy white beard? lol

Good luck to him l say, and l hope he is with us for a good while yet.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My dad turned 95 week before last.
He took me to see BHA Vs Gillingham on boxing day 1967

It's part of the many things we owe thanks to our folks for.

Happy Birthday Jam's Grandad!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not going to start another thread, but it’s with tremendous sadness that my lovely Grandad quietly passed away this morning, at the astounding age of 99, following a short illness.
I just wanted to say that for me personally, he gave me Brighton and Hove Albion, something I cannot imagine being without.
When he first took me to the Goldstone Ground in April 1987, to witness us beating Palace, it sparked a life long love for me.

RIP Harold Stanley Gardner x

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not going to start another thread, but it’s with tremendous sadness that my lovely Grandad quietly passed away this morning, at the astounding age of 99, following a short illness.
I just wanted to say that for me personally, he gave me Brighton and Hove Albion, something I cannot imagine being without.
When he first took me to the Goldstone Ground in April 1987, to witness us beating Palace, it sparked a life long love for me.

RIP Harold Stanley Gardner x

Amen,

R.I.P. Harold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here