Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

902 Roll of Honour

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I wasn't there but credit to those heroes who made the trip to a hostile Cardiff on a very cold February Tuesday night.

Post your name here and receive the NSC immortality you deserve.

:bowdown:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wasn't cold in the slightest (Blackburn away was colder but even that wasn't cold)

I was there btw.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Is this :fishing:? There have been scores of vastly less attractive fixtures over the last few years, I don't see such gay threads for all of those.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Hardly heroic...half day drinking with your mates watching the Albion win it was great fun ! There have been a lot more heroic turn outs over the last 20 years !

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Is this :fishing:? There have been scores of vastly less attractive fixtures over the last few years, I don't see such gay threads for all of those.

Ranks up there for me (and I wasn't there btw). Cardiff fans never welcoming, long trip, a game few expected us to win, Tuesday night in February (glad to hear not as cold there).

Let's give credit where credit is due.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's only football, hardly a heroic act. More like lucky chaps and laydees who can: a) get the time off work; and b) afford to go to Cardiff on a Tuesday night. If I didn't have the inconvenience of a job, and a few more quid in my pocket I would go to pretty much all away games, as well as the home ones.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Me and my boy went. Stayed over at a hotel with the rest of the family. Good to see a few others bha fans in the hotel. Very friendly stewards and locals were all fine. Think they were shocked that they lost to the batty boys !! Got 3 of those lovely red scarves to clean the dog with after a muddy walk.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hostile? I never thought I'd say this, but the Cardiff City Stadium has got to be the friendliest ground I've ever visited. All the supporters we spoke to were keen to chat (and were quite humble about their position at the top of the league), and the stewards were absolutely different class. Every one I encountered greeted us warmly, and the main man in the away end was an absolute diamond, clearly a lifelong City supporter who just wanted to help anybody who needed it. He kept telling us what a great atmosphere it was in our end, particularly compared to when Bristol City turned up last weekend.

When somebody, who shall remain nameless, managed to lose his match ticket somewhere between the purchase window and KFC, we fully expected him to have to pay another £31 for a new one, as it was entirely his fault. Wouldn't have blamed anybody if he had. Not so: after explaining the situation to two City stewards, they not only believed him but displayed the initiative and willing to take him to the ticket office and arrange for a replacement, free of charge. Fantastic people.

I never went to Ninian Park, and perhaps there are City fans who get misty eyed for the more hostile surroundings there. But City deserve the highest praise for treating away supporters like human beings, and not animals.

Now Blackburn, on a Tuesday night in the snow recently, that was hostile. Grumpy staff, racist and homophobic fans, horrible town. I know where I'd rather be.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hostile? I never thought I'd say this, but the Cardiff City Stadium has got to be the friendliest ground I've ever visited. All the supporters we spoke to were keen to chat (and were quite humble about their position at the top of the league), and the stewards were absolutely different class. Every one I encountered greeted us warmly, and the main man in the away end was an absolute diamond, clearly a lifelong City supporter who just wanted to help anybody who needed it. He kept telling us what a great atmosphere it was in our end, particularly compared to when Bristol City turned up last weekend.

When somebody, who shall remain nameless, managed to lose his match ticket somewhere between the purchase window and KFC, we fully expected him to have to pay another £31 for a new one, as it was entirely his fault. Wouldn't have blamed anybody if he had. Not so: after explaining the situation to two City stewards, they not only believed him but displayed the initiative and willing to take him to the ticket office and arrange for a replacement, free of charge. Fantastic people.

I never went to Ninian Park, and perhaps there are City fans who get misty eyed for the more hostile surroundings there. But City deserve the highest praise for treating away supporters like human beings, and not animals.

Now Blackburn, on a Tuesday night in the snow recently, that was hostile. Grumpy staff, racist and homophobic fans, horrible town. I know where I'd rather be.

Agreed , although I quite enjoyed Ninian Park - just a shame they ran out of programmes before we even got there but other then that they were brilliant.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
6 of us on minibus from w.green.dont get to many away games last min decision for me new ground great result long day but enjoyed , great vocal support Cardiff very quiet stewards and parking at ground excellent

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
902 in the Brighton end........Me and two junior Mackenzies deep under cover in the Cardiff seats.

The fans were in great voice last night, very proud to be a Brighton fan today.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I wasn't there but credit to those heroes who made the trip to a hostile Cardiff on a very cold February Tuesday night.

Post your name here and receive the NSC immortality you deserve.

:bowdown:

If last year was anything to go by, those days are long gone. Was the friendliest place I went to I reckon.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I was in town around 4pm having a pint on my own in a pub - had a meeting in Bristol that afternoon so quite happy to make the trip and stay over on my own. However three Cardiff fans at th pub saw my trainers while I was sat on a bar stool (they have the Uruguay flag and Seagulls on them) and started talking. They then asked how I was getting to the ground and I said I was walking - they offered to sho me a short cut and twenty mintues later was sat in a pub called The Butchers having a few beers with about twenty other Cardiff lads. Great fun and if you had told me that would happen last trip (which was Ninian Park in the early 90's) I would have choked.

Very friendly place, great city and genuinely good bunch of fans.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I was one of 3 unsung heroes who made the massive trip to cardiff!! the other 2 being the one and only Mr cunning fergus :clap: :bowdown: a certain unknown guy on here called Bozza (whoever he is :shrug: ) and at half time I had the pleasure of edna krabappel :love:

Great result! Great away crowd! and a Great night!! :clap: to everyone who could attend :clap:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here