Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

90,000 at Wembley

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
90,000 going to be at Wembley apparently to see the 'contest' that is England v San Marino. What the hell are these people on?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I saw England beat Malta 5-0 in the early seventies because I was working in London and I had nothing better to do. All the goals were at the far end. It was misty and I could not see a thing.

All the neutral games I have been to have been like this. I saw Palace 5-0 Man United, Pompey 5-0 Sunderland back then.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Reasons to go are: tickets are cheap,guaranteed to see goals,get to go to wembley,fills the gap between ALBION games.

Oct 25, 2003
Tickets are cheaper than ones to see us at the Amex - thats why. Should be a goalfest too.

if the albion charged 25 quid for a game against a county league side i'd have a right old hissyfit.......honestly don't see the point in watching a sporting event where you know one side has absolutely zero chance of even getting a draw, and very little chance of scoring a goal...each to their own though

hashtagnothanks

Oct 25, 2003
i'm firmly in the "pre-qualification" camp when it comes to europe

take the, say, 8 lowest ranked teams in europe (currently San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Malta, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Luxembourg)..split them into 2 groups and the top team in each group gets to enter the proper qualification process

it works on several levels

-these countries play some actual competitive football and games where they have a chance of winning rather than keeping the score below 10
-there's the added incentive of them actually progressing to something, rather than just trying to not finish bottom of their group
-it means the REAL countries have two less games to play

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I thought I read somewhere that if you bought a ticket for the San Marino game, it gave you prioroity for tickets for the Brazil game.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I'm going because it will help me maintain my position near the top of the loyalty points table with a view to being close to the front of the queue for tickets at Euro 2016 in France.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A predicatable one-way 'goalfest' = shit. We'll win 3- or 4-0. They'll be zero excitement.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
i'm firmly in the "pre-qualification" camp when it comes to europe

take the, say, 8 lowest ranked teams in europe (currently San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein, Malta, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Luxembourg)..split them into 2 groups and the top team in each group gets to enter the proper qualification process

it works on several levels

-these countries play some actual competitive football and games where they have a chance of winning rather than keeping the score below 10
-there's the added incentive of them actually progressing to something, rather than just trying to not finish bottom of their group
-it means the REAL countries have two less games to play

I'd go further than that to be honest, take out pots 5&6 and have them pre-qualify:

Armenia (70)
Finland (75)
Estonia (79)
Cyprus (80)
Latvia (83)
Moldova (85)
Macedonia (96)
Azerbaijan (111)
Faroe Islands (112)
Wales (112)
Liechtenstein (118)
Iceland (121)
Kazakhstan (126)
Luxembourg (128)
Malta (173)
Andorra (203)
San Marino (203)

Trophy for winner and auto qualification for next tournament, best 4 qualify for league phase. 8 Groups of 4, top qualify, 2nd places and 2 best 3rd play off for other 5 places.

Only 6 games played rather than 10, and then we can then get our 2 week winter break in between FA cup round 3 & 4.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I saw England beat Malta 5-0 in the early seventies because I was working in London and I had nothing better to do.

I did the same when England played Turkey once (when they were bad) and we won 5-0 or 6-0 or something.

Much easier then however with pay on the gate.

Did this when England played Scotland as well, that was fun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here