Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 80’s Music

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Loved this from Travelogue and the original line up. Drove my parents mad with music blasted from a Panasonic ‘music centre’, then Technics separates. Love the chorus from 0:58:

Similarly. This might be DM’s first ever track, I got it on a Some Bizarre label EP of budding new talents. Vince Clarke already a creative genius:

Doesn't belong in this thread (sue me), but have you heard of Röyksopp's cover of Ice Machine? So, so good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFPlGDKgiYc

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I suppose we all had a different experience of the 80's, but when I watch episodes of TOTP from that era I realise how selective memory can be. Either that or I've got the onset of Altzheimer's as I just don't remember half of the songs/acts especially when they do the chart run down. Going back through this thread makes me almost reticent to mention a band I liked or saw live at the time only to be flamed and ridiculed for liking them. At the end of the day it's all down to personal opinion, the fact some were more commercially popular than others doesn't make them good/bad as it's all a matter of your own taste.
Anyway, enough of my mild rant here are two bands I saw live and loved back then and still do now.

Go West, saw them at The Brighton Centre in 1987 brilliant, IMO one the most underrated bands of the 80's.

Erasure, saw them in 1987, again brilliant and also one of the loudest gigs I've been to and that includes seeing Deep Purple at The Dome!

This was recorded 15 years after I saw them and is just as good as it was back in 87.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Similarly. This might be DM’s first ever track, I got it on a Some Bizarre label EP of budding new talents. Vince Clarke already a creative genius:

That's the slow Speak and Spell version...

The Some Bizarre album (not EP) much faster and imo much better...

Love the Some Bizarre album, amazing how many bands kicked on from it...The The, Blancmange, Soft Cell, B-Movie...Here's the Some Bizarre version...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's the slow Speak and Spell version...

The Some Bizarre album (not EP) much faster and imo much better...

Love the Some Bizarre album, amazing how many bands kicked on from it...The The, Blancmange, Soft Cell, B-Movie...Here's the Some Bizarre version...

I’ve got that mini album, a mate and I bought it the day it came out. Have you too? I love it.

Yes, amazing talent spotting by Some Bizarre at that time, what a success rate :smile:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I’ve got that mini album, a mate and I bought it the day it came out. Have you too? I love it.

Yes, amazing talent spotting by Some Bizarre at that time, what a success rate :smile:

Yes mate it's brilliant///

I always thought Fad Gadget should have been on it and, lo and behold, when it was re-issued the three extra tracks were Back to Nature and tracks by The Normal and The Residents...

Love the other bands on it too...Bit of googling brings up other good stuff by most of them esp Naked Lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here