8,000 seats

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This should do for now
East_Mock_up.jpg

This is the handy work of [MENTION=639]westy[/MENTION]

Although I have heard that the south-west corner will be 2 tiered, hence why there is missing cladding in that corner. Can anyone confirm?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Although I have heard that the south-west corner will be 2 tiered, hence why there is missing cladding in that corner. Can anyone confirm?

Look closely and you will spot that the Artiste that is Westy has already filled the gap, with the Pride Park style corporate boxes that were rumoured to be going in there!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
There is a meeting this afternoon at Falmer to put together the lifting plan for the construction of the new east stand upper along with adding seating to the corners.

"lifting plan"?

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
That is pretty awesome looking. Fingers tightly crossed we get planning permission, my mate and I really want ESU seats if it becomes a reality. WSU would be great but I'd love to have seats with the view of a second tier but looking back at the behemoth of the West stand

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think following the furore over the parking has actually made me more convinced then ever that we'll get planning permission.

The green party will now, more then ever, be aware of the power the BHAFC can pull with the local community and how disasterous it would be to see this application refused.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
whatever happens, something needs to be done with that cladding behind the south stand. it just makes the whole stadium look unfinished. a second tier or private boxes would be amazing, but it would look so much better if they just filled in those wholes in the cladding!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Get in the Prem and put 2nd tiers on North and South ... spectacular ... wonder if that would ever be achievable?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Get in the Prem and put 2nd tiers on North and South ... spectacular ... wonder if that would ever be achievable?

structurally impossible, there are two huge concrete pillars behind the north and south which support the weight of the roof, in order to put another tier on you have to go backwards, you cannot go any further backwards. (this is what i have been told anyway)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Not under the existing roof structure.

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
When I went on the stadium tour, the guy said that they will be extending the boxes/1901 tier around the S/W corner which is why they never finished it off.

The guy also said that as its all internal work no planning permission is needed, its just the health and safety certificates...transport plans etc.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is no doubt we're going to get these extra 8,000 seats at some point fairly soon, and it will look brilliant.

I think there is a chance it won't be next summer, but to be honest in the long run that may be no bad thing. On the travel and transport front, certain provisions, assumptions about behaviour and predictions have proved to be wrong this season. With 22,000, we can wait a year.

If rail capacity cannot be increased from Brighton and Lewes, and Park and Rides are full, there needs to be more low-cost parking created near the ground, and a massive effort, marketing and otherwise including to away fans, to let the bus take the strain. But this should have happened already.

Even setting fans aside, I know personally accredited photographers have had to lug thousands of pounds-worth of equipment through the rain for half an hour because the on-site parking couldn't accomodate them. This is no good, and at odds with every other ground.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The ESU would be in pre-fabricated concrete that would be lifted into place (in pieces), much like the WSU was and the seats then attached

Thanks, that makes sense. I read it as something to do with "raising" the ESU!

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
When I went on the stadium tour, the guy said that they will be extending the boxes/1901 tier around the S/W corner which is why they never finished it off.

The guy also said that as its all internal work no planning permission is needed, its just the health and safety certificates...transport plans etc.

This is what I was told on my tour as well, no new planning permission required just an amendment to the existing for the extra seats.
Re the gap and expansion into the S/W corner they said that there will be a new lounge going in to accomodate the extra 1901/coporate.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I suggest that the transport plan in support of an increased capacity at The Amex is not entirely dependent on adding further and potentially expensive infrastructure (although that would be ideal) that the Club may not have huge influence over - but also to make the existing arrangements work far more efficiently......

Most of the pre- and post match transport rants on NSC are about sorting inefficiencies in the current system ie ensuring that optimal numbers of trains and buses are running on match days / evenings, part empty trains and buses should not be allowed to proceed when there are punters left standing and applying more common sense in managing Bennetts Field car parks and coaches etc. The priority should be to sort those out so the 22.5k are moved away more efficiently in the first place. Then adding 8000 more punters to the situation will not be so critical? Also it will be a good idea to communicate more effectively so that punters' expectations are realistic. Moving 30k crowds after games still takes some time, yet some punters want instant egress.

I still think that Tony Bloom and Martin Perry will not have invested so much of their respective money, time and expertise in building The Amex and incorporating the capability to reach 30k capacity if they had not already given adequate consideration to how the punters will get there and safely away again after. Hopefully there will be a range of measures already in hand to support the planning application.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

I was told that the 1901 middle tier of the west stand will at some stage continue round to the big screen in the south stand therefore I suppose making that bit 2 tiered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here