Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

76 pts needed for 6th probably.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Thats 2pts a game from here on in,,,champions form.Can it be done???.Not without a change of tactics.We have the players,on paper but the game is played on grass.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think you're right saying the only way it can be done is by changing the tactics. We need to win a lot of matches and that can only be done by picking more attacking line-ups than the ones Gus has chosen so far this season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yes, but tactics have to change - two up front with CMS and Ulloa, at least one decent winger in each and every game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes. We played quite well second half today.

I heard an interesting thing today from a contact that spoke to the German doctor during the week. Apparently there is a strategic plan among the coaching and scientific support staff for the season that has the aim of getting the squad of players "peaking" from February onward...

Watch us go over the next few weeks..!!!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
2 points per game is gonna be no mean feat!

Especially as Gus defo favours defense rather than attack.

Will be interesting to see if he goes for it this season or just carrys on as we have played all year and consolidates ready for next season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
looks unlikely and the table is drifting. Only Boro within striking distance now.

Few wins and can all change but Hull and Blackburn can you honestly see us getting 6 points ? I can see a battling 4 if being optimistic

dizzy_V

Aug 7, 2011
Hove
Its going to be really tough to get in the play offs. My heart says we will just scrape in, my head says we will just miss out.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not consistent enough and teams above (palace and boro aside) have gone up another gear. That and we always seem to fail to capitalise and close the gap.

I think we will finish where we are today a respectable 8th but would love to be proved wrong

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Need to go for it.

Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Upson Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts Vicente
Ulloa CMS​

More steely centre of midfield, two proper wingers. Will never ever happen though.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
All depends if we don't pick up decent points from our next 4 games then the mentality will change then it will be difficult playing catchup as it seems as there's a slight gap opening up from 5th to us. So 10 teams gunning for 6th is not going to be easy even if we do have the best team on paper.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
It can be done, whether we will do it another matter entirely, like getting Gus to play 2 out and out strikers together.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We are safe from relegation so we may as well fuckin go for it now. THat means a change in tactics, two up front and wingers. Draws are no good to us, we need to win games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here