Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Is that the most you can get when you're top of the league and supposedly playing great football?

I've been quick to praise your side when you've been doing well, but I can't understand the lack of support today.

It was a beautiful and well forecasted day, early on a Saturday therefore the rest of the day is still free and you are top of the league playing in a local derby (as Poyet called it) yet still didn't get close to selling out.

Don't get me wrong I know Sky effect even the lower divisions, but surely selling 8,000 home seats should be easy for a club the size of Brighton?

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
is that the most you can get when you're top of the league and supposedly playing great football?

I've been quick to praise your side when you've been doing well, but i can't understand the lack of support today.

It was a beautiful and well forecasted day, early on a saturday therefore the rest of the day is still free and you are top of the league playing in a local derby (as poyet called it) yet still didn't get close to selling out.

Don't get me wrong i know sky effect even the lower divisions, but surely selling 8,000 home seats should be easy for a club the size of brighton?

thread closed.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Is that the most you can get when you're top of the league and supposedly playing great football?

I've been quick to praise your side when you've been doing well, but I can't understand the lack of support today.

It was a beautiful and well forecasted day, early on a Saturday therefore the rest of the day is still free and you are top of the league playing in a local derby (as Poyet called it) yet still didn't get close to selling out.

Don't get me wrong I know Sky effect even the lower divisions, but surely selling 8,000 home seats should be easy for a club the size of Brighton?

I know what you mean...I was shocked to learn we had 652 of the Withdean faithful engaged in sordid capers with the wives and mothers of the Bournemouth travelling fans today. It was partly cloudy in Bournemouth today, but apparently a lot of fun was had by all so we'll forgive them!

steve-c

would you want to pay near on 30 quid for a ticket, plus transport ect to sit in a seat not big enough for a teenager , get evil looks from stewards, consistantly get told to sit down by someone half your age who thinks he/she is in the sas when you get excited by the action on the field and show some passion, or are you someone who sits and politly claps when we score, i think i know the answer , see you at charlton standing at the back :albion1::albion1:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I know but I thought that was the standard response to a palace fan. :laugh:

Touche :thumbsup:

I'm going out now for my shandy actually. If anyone wants to see me, I'll be in the Pav Tav at 9...

Not that any of you will be there, a bit like todays game...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£24 a ticket, only 300 unsold, in what is the worst ground in the league. One problem is apparently those free tickets given away through the gullys gang scheme dont get added to the attendance.
I know people who will go to Falmer reguarly, but will just simply not pay those prices to go to Withdean. Attendances will be higher than Palaces this time next year, nothing to worry about.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It was a beautiful and well forecasted day, early on a Saturday therefore the rest of 't get me wrong I know Sky effect even the lower divisions, but surely selling 8,000 home seats should be easy for a club the size of Brighton?

Selling 8,000 home seats would be remarkable seeming as though there aren't 8,000 of them.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
£24 a ticket, only 300 unsold, in what is the worst ground in the league. One problem is apparently those free tickets given away through the gullys gang scheme dont get added to the attendance.
I know people who will go to Falmer reguarly, but will just simply not pay those prices to go to Withdean. Attendances will be higher than Palaces this time next year, nothing to worry about.

Really? So all the season tickets etc that didn't turn up today weren't counted in the attendance?

Bull0cks :laugh:

You're crowds will be good next season, I've no doubt about that. When the initial buzz dies down, will we see that support die down? I think so.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
We sold more than 7348 seats, but no shows ( ie season ticket holders who dont turn up) are not included in the final attendance figure.

Enjoy your half of VERY BITTER shandy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports