Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6mins injury time?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I predicted 6 at a minimum.

Would we have had this thread if it was 2-1 to them after 90?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My piss boiled so much, I almost melted my bladder. 3mins at the most but this Big Six cheating will be forgotten by tomorrow.

6 was completely fine. I called 6 before it went up. The Sanchez injury stoppage was quite long, and plenty else besides.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seemed about right to me and what I was expecting…….injury, goals, subs, Sanchez time-wasting etc. Anyway, has anyone checked that it actually was 6 minutes as it seemed like about a week and a half.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Having just watched MOTD, god knows how arsenal got the throw in after they hit the bar, when Gross’ clearance was clearly deflected.

Should have been a clean sheet!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having just watched MOTD, god knows how arsenal got the throw in after they hit the bar, when Gross’ clearance was clearly deflected.

Should have been a clean sheet!

There should never have been a throw in at all (either way) - no idea how Lamptey failed to keep it in. But because Lamptey did TRY to keep it in, and failed - the 'natural' assumption for the linesman was that it was an Arsenal throw he was trying to avoid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we had a stop/start clock there would be no debate.....

This.

Given that the average game apparently only has the ball in play for something like 60 of the 90, its unbelievable the game STILL hasn't got round to simply having a stop/start clock on display, operated by someone on the sidelines, that stops each and every time the ball goes dead, and recommences when its back in play.

At a stroke you'd cut out all the tedious timewasting, false rolling around in "agony", and pointless substitutions in the dying moments of a game just to run the clock down - it would all be rendered completely and utterly futile and pointless with a stopped clock.

They happily introduce a complex monster of a clusterf*ck like VAR into the game. But a simple accurate clock to get the time right ? Nah, no can do guv.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
There should never have been a throw in at all (either way) - no idea how Lamptey failed to keep it in. But because Lamptey did TRY to keep it in, and failed - the 'natural' assumption for the linesman was that it was an Arsenal throw he was trying to avoid.

Yeah, absolutely he should have just left it. Even so, it’s a shocker from the officials.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This.

Given that the average game apparently only has the ball in play for something like 60 of the 90, its unbelievable the game STILL hasn't got round to simply having a stop/start clock on display, operated by someone on the sidelines, that stops each and every time the ball goes dead, and recommences when its back in play.

At a stroke you'd cut out all the tedious timewasting, false rolling around in "agony", and pointless substitutions in the dying moments of a game just to run the clock down - it would all be rendered completely and utterly futile and pointless with a stopped clock.

They happily introduce a complex monster of a clusterf*ck like VAR into the game. But a simple accurate clock to get the time right ? Nah, no can do guv.

Whilst it would work for knowing how much ‘game time’ is left it certainly wouldn’t stop any of the other stuff you’ve described… teams winning would continue to do this to disrupt the game and allow themselves to stop any momentum and give them time to regroup etc.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This isn't going too well for the OP is it? :)

In my defence, the 6mins injury time seemed like 3mins to me. Whilst we all exist in our own time zone (thanks to Einstein for pointing that out), time normally passes profoundly slowly for me when our backs are to the wall and we’re waiting for the ref to blow up. I suspect the quantity of liquid refreshment I’d got through post match had warped my sense of time on this occasion as I wasn’t checking much watch because it was blurred.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst it would work for knowing how much ‘game time’ is left it certainly wouldn’t stop any of the other stuff you’ve described… teams winning would continue to do this to disrupt the game and allow themselves to stop any momentum and give them time to regroup etc.

Fair point and quite possibly, being as cheating is basically hardwired into every players DNA. But they'll know their antics are not going to afford them any time getting chipped off at the end. They're just be further extending the game.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Fair point and quite possibly, being as cheating is basically hardwired into every players DNA. But they'll know their antics are not going to afford them any time getting chipped off at the end. They're just be further extending the game.

Think this is why the trials will be interesting, if they can manage it in a way this stops then it will be a game changer.

Think sadly like you say this kind of behaviour will forever be in the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here