Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 6 years ago RIP ED

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely tribute 6 years on, he will be remembered

Amongst all his other attributes, a Dylan fan whose favourite track was Desolation Row. Yeah that’s a bit random

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sir Lord Bracknell deserves a photo on this thread that is fully worthy of the first - and only - knighthood bestowed by NSC. This super shot fits the bill. Think it might be one of Roz's

bassford.jpg.gallery.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What kind words. It means such a lot to me that he's still so well remembered and thought of 6 years on. I'm fine and happily now living with my dog Kit in the centre of Lewes. Ed is always in my heart.
great to hear from you Roz. I hope you and the family are all well. Ed was very much loved by all who knew him and his service in Firle showed that in buckets.

i think it is fair to say without Ed’s contribution to our club and the Falmer for All campaign, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

lots of love

Dave xxxxxx

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Likewise.

I met him whilst organising the first REMF game.

He should have a plaque on the Amex For everything he did, if he hasn't already.
He has a plaque in the Memorial Garden, as does Sarah Watts, and Paul Whelch all on the Falmer for All Committee.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ed was a diamond. His contribution to where we are today cannot be stressed enough. There was many a time during the never-ending public inquiry process when the Albion's opponents would deliver what seemed to be a knockout blow to the club's hopes and dreams and Ed would single-handedly haul us back from the depths of despair by telling us that, actually, this latest apparent setback wasn't nearly as bad news as it at first appeared. He'd give detailed incisive reports of the progress of the Inquiry both on here and in the club programme. He sat through just about every day of that wretched process so we didn't have to. He knew, and was greatly respected by, all the major players on both sides.

Always a twinkle in the eye and a pint of Harveys and a fag close to hand, Ed was, as others have said, an absolute gentleman. It's a privilege to have known him
For those of us who didn't know him the paragraph in italics is what we'll remember him for. His updates, analysis and explanations of the whole falmer saga were incredible and gave huge amounts of hope and positivity to us.

That alone is enough to give him legendary status, that every single person who met or knew him describe him in such glowing personal terms just confirms it and shows what a much loved figure he was in the real world as well as the virtual.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed was a lovely Fella and very intelligent. I was there when he tore Lewes District Council to pieces. I am lucky to have known him for many years through the Albion and The REMF. Rip Ed

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Used to chat to Ed at reserve and Sussex Senior cup games, lovely chap and a big fan of Newport FC. Miss him and Alex Dawson Oh Oh Oh on the cricket threads so in time honored tradition I say a big

Were Loose

To them both, and open the buffet

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What kind words. It means such a lot to me that he's still so well remembered and thought of 6 years on. I'm fine and happily now living with my dog Kit in the centre of Lewes. Ed is always in my heart.
Ed being both remembered and highly thought of will never be in doubt on here, Roz.

I still remember the first time I met you and Ed in the Nelson having connected up on NSC previously. "You must be Lord and Lady Bracknell..."

Special times with the original NSC clique! Where did the years go?

Glad to hear that you're doing well.

Do keep in touch on here. HS x

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A wonderful guy , he attended my wedding back in 2001.
Cannot believe it has been six years
After your proposal at halftime on the Withdean pitch, a trip to the wedding was always going to be on the cards.

Unless my memory's deceiving me, @Man of Harveys, the late great Canarian Seagull and myself wore matching Hawaiian shirts!

Great times with a number of NSC there including Ed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks to Ed and Roz who were both funny and kind to me when I was struggling with all the f-wits on NSC back in the bandit days, without them and some other great people (@Guinness Boy; @hart's shirt; @Man of Harveys, @Bwian, @Inkerman among others) I'd have buggered off back to the Mailing List, tail between my legs. Small acts of kindness to a stranger, a little lifeboat in their much larger sea of nobility. x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here