Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 6 years ago RIP ED

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMHO Ed was one of the unsung saviours of our club, from his work with the REMF to his candidacy for the Seagulls Party in Lewes keeping LDC under check whilst we battled allcomers to get this stadium through the torturous planning process.

to a lot of us we owe this man a huge debt of gratitude.

left us 6 years ago

IMG_0138.jpeg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Never met him, or seen a photo before, but certainly remember his name in print and online here in terms of a strong contribution in the battle years. So not forgotten and always remembered in gratitude by a complete stranger.

Reactions: cjd

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great man and person as is Rob and their kids - always a thought for him when the Albion reach new heights. His Falmer work was superb.

Reactions: cjd

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great man and person as is Rob and their kids - always a thought for him when the Albion reach new heights. His Falmer work was superb.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am stunned that it has been 6 years. Miss him on the board. He use to sit near my Uncle and i met him a few times... lovely guy.

Lord Bracknell :(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can't believe its 6 years already.

I met Ed a few times in person, and absolutely echo what others have said - an absolute gent, and a key reason why the club is where it is.

Its a shame he, and others, never got to experience the full fruits of their labour, but if he's watching somewhere I hope he's proud of what he helped to achieve.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ed was a diamond. His contribution to where we are today cannot be stressed enough. There was many a time during the never-ending public inquiry process when the Albion's opponents would deliver what seemed to be a knockout blow to the club's hopes and dreams and Ed would single-handedly haul us back from the depths of despair by telling us that, actually, this latest apparent setback wasn't nearly as bad news as it at first appeared. He'd give detailed incisive reports of the progress of the Inquiry both on here and in the club programme. He sat through just about every day of that wretched process so we didn't have to. He knew, and was greatly respected by, all the major players on both sides.

Always a twinkle in the eye and a pint of Harveys and a fag close to hand, Ed was, as others have said, an absolute gentleman. It's a privilege to have known him

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ed was a diamond. His contribution to where we are today cannot be stressed enough. There was many a time during the never-ending public inquiry process when the Albion's opponents would deliver what seemed to be a knockout blow to the club's hopes and dreams and Ed would single-handedly haul us back from the depths of despair by telling us that, actually, this latest apparent setback wasn't nearly as bad news as it at first appeared. He'd give detailed incisive reports of the progress of the Inquiry both on here and in the club programme. He sat through just about every day of that wretched process so we didn't have to. He knew, and was greatly respected by, all the major players on both sides.

Always a twinkle in the eye and a pint of Harveys and a fag close to hand, Ed was, as others have said, an absolute gentleman. It's a privilege to have known him
Absolutely. Saved me some typing. A truly great man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here