• Scotland

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ireland have some quality players this year and are as good as England and France, with the advantage they have of playing both England and France at home I think they will win it.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
London Irish said:
Congrats to T'Super League boys of Leeds for putting one over on the Aussies tonight - world club champions :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So our best Rugby League side is better than theirs? This sport is quite important to the Aussies isn't it? great news if it hurts them.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
London Irish said:
The rugby boys really kick the shit out of the footy boys in the Cardiff schools, don't they? And then the rugby boys nick all the best Taffy girls. I think it's what makes Bluebirds fans such mentalists, all that early brain damage and sexual frustration.

that was certainly the case for my ex at her school in south wales. its almost like a different country.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We lost to Wales.:eek: :nono:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know.

We did not play very well and our forwards who should have dominated were unusually abscent from much of the game.

I still think Ireland will win.

I now expect us to finish below Ireland, Wales and France.

:(

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Richie Morris said:
I know.

We did not play very well and our forwards who should have dominated were unusually abscent from much of the game.

I still think Ireland will win.

I now expect us to finish below Ireland, Wales and France.

:(

I wouldn't say that the forwards were absent but that the Welsh defence did really well to prevent England recycling the ball quickly and making it really hard to get any decent momentum in attack. When England went back to playing the kicking game we (i.e. no need for quick ball) we were on top.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We struggled with our lineout which is becoming an increasingly common problem.

Thompson brings a lot to our open play but his throwing in is not up to international standard.

It was wrong to play Tait. He is only 13 stone and struggled physically against the powerful welsh centres.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
I don't know where you got this information from, but it's totally incorrect.

Sorry about the result, you must be devastated Wales nicked it at the end :(

Re. the above, just passing on what I've heard. These South Wales rivalries are pretty hilarious, makes us Irish look like one big happy family ;)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Richie Morris said:
We struggled with our lineout which is becoming an increasingly common problem.

Thompson brings a lot to our open play but his throwing in is not up to international standard.

It was wrong to play Tait. He is only 13 stone and struggled physically against the powerful welsh centres.

We've struggled in the lineout since the begining of the World Cup and even more so since Martin Johnson's retirement. I'm amazed that Thompson has kept his place.

Agree about Tait, he's not ready for international rugby yet.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am in no doubt that we miss Johnson more then we miss Wilkinson.

We seemed to lack someone to just stuff the ball up his jumper and make some hard yaurds or get stuck in. He had an amazing nack of pulling the pack together and getting them firing.

We should signs of getting the pack going in the second half but not for long enough.

I am not convinced Robinson is the right captain either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know where you got this information from, but it's totally incorrect.

Maybe.

But what strikes me as incredible is the rivalry between Cardiff/Wales football fans and the egg-chasers. The egg-chasers seem to want Wales football to disappear back to it's usual status (ie to be ranked somewhere around The Faroe Islands in the world ratings), whilst the (South) Wales football fans take great delight in the fact that rugby has not been the #1 sport in Wales of late with Cardiff enjoying their best years for a while and the national team selling out the Millenium Stadium and actually looking like they might make the finals stage of a major championship sometime soon.

FFS - you're all Welsh - support your boys whatever the sport.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bozza said:

I found that the North Welsh seem to act as if South Wales *is* a different country.

However, I agree with Bozza. Its your country, don't take pleasure in them losing and get pissed off when they win. Thats just, well, weird.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Doesn't look like it'll be England anyway and they haven't looked like winning much yet since trying to rebuild after the world cup.

I'm just glad I was able to watch it on the BBC instead of having to endure George Hook's blatant hatred for all things english.

Hoping to get tickets for Ireland v England but it's the luck of the draw at my local rugby club.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Bozza said:

Easy for you to say. But.....

We could win 6-0 at West Ham tomorrow and we would still be lucky to get onto page 14 of the Western Mail sports supplement on Monday morning.

Welsh football's biggest enemy is Welsh rugby. I appreciate that is a difficult concept to grasp if you don't live here, but it's true. Believe me.

Bozza said:
Curious thing ...

I learned to play both football and rugby in South Wales.

To this day, I find myself supporting Wales at rugby. And I was willing that final penalty kick to go over.

But I've easily cast aside any lingering preference for the Welsh football team - at least in games and tournaments when they are up against England.

Odd. I don't really understand it. It may be something to do with the supporters. English rugby supporters seem to represent everything that's wrong with this country.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Easy for you to say. But.....

We could win 6-0 at West Ham tomorrow and we would still be lucky to get onto page 14 of the Western Mail sports supplement on Monday morning.

Welsh football's biggest enemy is Welsh rugby. I appreciate that is a difficult concept to grasp if you don't live here, but it's true. Believe me.

Feeble excuse. There would have been the same amount of rugby coverage if Wales had lost, if not more, so why not at least celebrate the win?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports