Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6-1 and you still don't sing!!!!!!

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Blows out the water the theory that the players have to play well before the fans generate an atmosphere :blush:
Not sure if you're fishing or not.....BUT never sit in the SE corner, it is f****** dead down there. The stadium acoustics mean you simply can't hear the north or west stands (I can understand why the away fans seem never to rate our crowd). Never ever sitting in that area again. You know the north are singing, you can see the whole of the crowd clapping away, but its like one of those silent films.

This isn't meant as a moan by the way, just an observation. It also seems that there is a large proportion of the elusive JCL set in the SE. If you don't believe me go down there for a match.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I did notice loads of people in the East stand not point at a bird flying, there was bucket loads of people in the south that just sat there, SAT there when we weren't scoring and as for the north? Well the north was a disgrace, couldn't hear them, left early, didn't celebrate goals. In fact the only person that i think is the only true supporter of the club is me. The rest of you are two bit, come and go JCLs just hunting the glory.

I am the support. I am the club. I AM the Albion.
Well said Sergei,you ol' fisherman you, I did try to sing in the Northstand/Southstand song but 'Were the 1901 club does'nt scan well.....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Blows out the water the theory that the players have to play well before the fans generate an atmosphere :blush:

"Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way....."

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Actually if you hadn't noticed there was a pretty good match going on that took most of my attention and so I only joined in a few choruses of "We're the West stand" and a few others on Saturday - I'll try and do better next time ... :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wsu was rocking

Agreed. West Stand Upper was really loud on Saturday.

Agree - it was a little quieter between 4th & 5th goal but that's the nature of things.

Didn't want the game to end at the weekend

From our vantage point in the middle of the WSM, I concur, really good noise Saturday from WSU, likewise the North Stand :clap:

When the whole stadium got going we could pick out some noise coming over from the East, and the South too.

Our little enclave of the prawn sandwich stand was bloody brilliant too, still got the raw throat to proove it.

7-0 to the Albion :clap:

Let's be having you all again for Wolves, and for every game!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Atmosphere was pretty good i thought compared to some games this season - however when you watch it back on the FL Show, it seems quiet. Perhaps there arent enough microphone things around the ground.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The South Stand could definitely hear the North Stand singing. The Blackpool bloke dressed all in white for some reason could anyway. :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Atmosphere was pretty good i thought compared to some games this season - however when you watch it back on the FL Show, it seems quiet. Perhaps there arent enough microphone things around the ground.

That's always the way. They are not meant to pick up the sound of the crowd fully otherwise it would be unbearable to watch back/ pretty difficult to commentate over on massive moments if necessary.

For example, the buckley winner against Donny was probably the loudest noise to come out of the stadium, but the footage does not replicate this and sensibly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here