Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5th round tv games

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Obviously man u and Crawley, orient and arsenal but who are the others and how many tv games are. Any chance for us to get money that way rather than through the gate?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think they show 4 between espn and itv..? Won't be us IMO

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
we are on t.v that weekend v plymouth i believe it is (sky in the league)

soooo we might get it on the Friday night on t.v fingers crossed!

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
There should be 5, 3 on ESPN and 2 on ITV. 2 of the 4th round replays are not scheduled to take place until the weekend of the 5th round so maybe there is a chance ours could be live.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There should be 5, 3 on ESPN and 2 on ITV. 2 of the 4th round replays are not scheduled to take place until the weekend of the 5th round so maybe there is a chance ours could be live.

That is a good shout Greeko

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Think every other tie is more appealing to the viewing public than ours.

It'll be:

Man U Crawley
Orient Arsenal
Man City Villa
Chelsea/Everton Reading
West Ham Burnley

I expect.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
chelsea/everton vs reading won't be on tv that weekend nor will city/notts county vs villa as both replays are being played on sat 19th as well. That means there is only six 5th round matches going ahead and with manu & arsenal being shoeins for live matches, 2 from us, sheff weds, fulham or west ham gives us a decent chance IMO.

Before you ask Wigan/Bolton replay is on 16th feb. Chelsea/Everton can't do the same as Chelsea are on SKY vs Fulham on Monday 14th and City are in Europa League on either 15th or 16th.

As an anecdote to the dominance SKY have, the reason why our game vs Plymouth was Monday night & not Saturday or Sunday, no-one can show FA cup games live if SKY have a match on, hence they are showing Port Vale Friday night & us Monday night to take those dates out of the equation. Likewise SKY can't do English matches on FA Cup weekends but they make sure the weekend is strictly sat/sun and not fri-mon. Chelsea's match with Fulham will not be moved to saturday or sunday to accommodate FA Cup and I would not be suprised if our match vs Plymouth goes ahead as planned under SKY's insistence and either our 5th round match is moved to same day as the other delayed matches chelsea,man city etc or we play saturday & monday. Apart from the police objecting to both Stoke & Port Vale playing Friday night at home, i suspect SKY would object as well for no reason other than they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here