Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 50 PL Wins. What’s your top 10?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So if I have my maths correct the win against West Ham was our 50th PL win. It got me thinking what would our top ten wins be since we got promoted. My ten would be as follows;

1. Brighton 4 Man United 0 - Just one of the great results and performances
2. Brighton 1 Man United 0 - Not the performance but that feeling, to stay up in the first season beating them was so special
3. Tottenham 0 Brighton 1 - the most complete away performance I have ever seen from us. Superb.
4. Liverpool 0 Brighton 1 - winning at Anfield, amazing. Only below Spurs because of overall performance and lack of fans
5. Brighton 2 Arsenal 1 (Potter) - the game I think that saw us stay up. After the hell of lockdown Maupays goal had me nearly leap through the roof.
6. Brighton 2 Arsenal 1 (Hughton) - that atmosphere, beating a top six team for the first time, a huge step to safety. Amazing.
7. Man United 1 Brighton 2 - winning at Old Trafford, weirdly wasn’t actually that surprised.
8. Arsenal 1 Brighton 2 (Potter season 1) - First win at a big six team. Real belief in Potterball.
9. Brighton 3 Palace 1 - The game that had it all and of course, that goal.
10. Brighton 3 Man City 2 - was in two minds as a dead rubber but what a game and fans back in. Plus BDB!

Honourable mentions to the West Ham away game in our first season, the first win against WBA, the Palace away win towards the end of Hughton reign and the West Ham game that secured us 9th place.

What do people think?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
10! **** off.

1 West Ham - Groß' gorgeous flick on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton 4 Man Utd 0 has to be the best win, with the Palace 3-1 a close 2nd.

And I believe we won 47 matches in our previous stint in the top flight, so we're on 97 in total and 3 away from a ton.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So if I have my maths correct the win against West Ham was our 50th PL win. It got me thinking what would our top ten wins be since we got promoted. My ten would be as follows;

2. Brighton 1 Man United 0 - Not the performance but that feeling, to stay up in the first season beating them was so special
3. Tottenham 0 Brighton 1 - the most complete away performance I have ever seen from us. Superb.
4. Liverpool 0 Brighton 1 - winning at Anfield, amazing. Only below Spurs because of overall performance and lack of fans
5. Brighton 2 Arsenal 1 (Potter) - the game I think that saw us stay up. After the hell of lockdown Maupays goal had me nearly leap through the roof.
6. Brighton 2 Arsenal 1 (Hughton) - that atmosphere, beating a top six team for the first time, a huge step to safety. Amazing.
7. Man United 1 Brighton 2 - winning at Old Trafford, weirdly wasn’t actually that surprised.
8. Arsenal 1 Brighton 2 (Potter season 1) - First win at a big six team. Real belief in Potterball.
10. Brighton 3 Man City 2 - was in two minds as a dead rubber but what a game and fans back in. Plus BDB!

Honourable mentions to the West Ham away game in our first season, the first win against WBA, the Palace away win towards the end of Hughton reign and the West Ham game that secured us 9th place.

What do people think?

Yeah, most of those. A different order, mind. (How much spare time do you have?!)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
1. 4-0 vs Man Utd
2. 3-1 vs Palace
3. 3-2 vs Man City
4. 1-0 vs Liverpool
5. 1-0 vs Man Utd
6. 3-1 vs WBA (first win)
7. 2-1 vs Arsenal (first post-lockdown game)
8. 2-1 vs Palace (Knocky screamer)
9. 3-1 vs West Ham
10. 3-1 vs Spurs (Connolly game)

Huge home bias TBH as seen most of those games live

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
3-1 v Palace was the one I got most animated about - and scared the cat the most. That Andone goal will live long in the memory, and Balogun scoring after the Duffy incident was sublime.

Winning at Anfield made me cry a little - had been waiting so very long for that to happen. Cemented the realisation that we were now a Premier League team, and not just making up the numbers.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

What do people think?
Last match of last season a goal down at ht to west ham & then win 31 it could been more had to be in our top 10 wins

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here