Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Tech products that will be obsolete in 5 years.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Same here, phones are for ringing people up and texting, cameras for taking photographs to a reasonable standard. The camera on my phone is rubbish anyway.

I would say that if you're into taking pictures, then yes you'll want a good dedicated camera, but for 99% of people just snapping when out in pubs etc. to post on facebook, they're not going to be bothered about anything more than you can get on a phone, and they always have them in their pocket. I take any pics I want usually with my iPad, and they're as good as I need them to be (actually to a casual eye, I think they're pretty good really).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One tech that will definitely obsolete in the next 5 years is the faithful FM radio - switchover was set for 2015 but not enough people have taken up DAB yet, so looking more like 2018.

The switchover isn't dependent on a threshold being broken by DAB listeners alone , all forms of digital listening are included (via satellite set top boxes , net connected devices etc)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The way tech is evolving there are gadgets yet to be launched that will go through their entire product life cycle and be redundant in 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here