Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 Mins injury time

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
To cap off an absolutely shockingly inept performance can anyone explain why the ref only added 5 mins injury time? To me it's an absolute scandal, we are deprived so much football by these morons who can't seem to work out how to stop their watch - the easiest part of their job. Utterly useless.
(Suffice to say we wouldn't have scored in another 60 mins but that's not the point).

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
To cap off an absolutely shockingly inept performance can anyone explain why the ref only added 5 mins injury time? To me it's an absolute scandal, we are deprived so much football by these morons who can't seem to work out how to stop their watch - the easiest part of their job. Utterly useless.
(Suffice to say we wouldn't have scored in another 60 mins but that's not the point).
I think he just wanted to go home

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I was expecting 7 mins. Plus Forest time wasted a further minute in that additional time period. Ref probably blew 3 mins earlier than he should have done

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Referees are **** though. We know this. That one wasn't especially better or worse than the other terrible officials we have to endure every week.

Those Forest players and that Forest manager have shamed a great club with their antics tonight. Forest fans should be embarrassed to wear the shirt. On the other hand our ineptitude in the box allowed them to get away with it

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Looked more likely that Forest would nick one as time went on. That Linesman didn't like March much though did he? Should have had a couple of free kicks.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Didn’t even give the full 5 minutes

He probably thought there’s not much point they’re f***ing about with it on the half way line, no bother

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And we were on about 4 mins 40 secs when he blew and we had the ball in their half. I was raging at my laptop.
If that's true (it seemed early from my seat but hard to tell) then that's absolutely disgusting. Nothing will be done of course.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dreadful ref. It's not just the 5 minutes in the second half. There was only one in the first half, and he didn't even see that out. Very quick to stop the game when one of their players went down, which they did often, because they knew they could get away with it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Because be was a ****.

That moment in the first half when a Foresr player went down after a fair tackle and we had players streaming towards their goal and he stopped play and awarded a drop ball because diddums might have hurt himself, was one of yhe worst decisions I've seen for a long time.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Because be was a ****.

That moment in the first half when a Foresr player went down after a fair tackle and we had players streaming towards their goal and he stopped play because diddums might have hurt himself, was one of yhe worst decisions I've seen for a long time.
Honestly, that was an extraordinary moment. Agree, one of the worst and most unfathomable decisions I've seen for years.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Couldn’t agree more. It was absolutely farcical. He couldn’t have cared any less when they took two minutes over every kick or three minutes for the subs to walk off the pitch.

Eight extra minutes wouldn’t have been enough. Conning people out of football that we pay good money to watch and letting teams cheat to try and get a result.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Also, has the rule changed that when a physio comes on to tend to a player that player no longer needs to leave the pitch? (This happened in the first half.)
That was one of the lengthy stoppages in the first half that led that ref to add ONE extra minute.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Forest are the new Burnley and did it very well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm glad there's a thread on this. Having seen what they were getting up to in the first half, I actually timed all the stoppages in that second half. The combination of their players going down every few minutes, trainers coming on, the substitutions taking an eternity, etc. By the end of the game, Forest had burned just shy of EIGHT MINUTES - in fact probably slightly more than that, as I didn't always get to my watch immediately as I stood up to berate their latest batch of shithousery to run the clock down.

Its scandalous how the officials allow such gamesmanship. Brentford were piss-arsing around doing it the other night, but Forest took it on to the next level. And the galling thing is that breaking up the game like this f***ing works like a charm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here