Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 live currently discussing whether Ranieri should be sacked.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kante was priceless. £30m was ridiculously cheap for someone who won them the league. He'll be a league winner again this year for a team that finished outside the top 4, and the league champions without him could be relegated. £30m was a steal.

I think it was at the weekend when Jamie Redknapp (or someone equally insightful) said of Chelsea's formation; 'they are so solid with Matic central in front of the back four, with Kante to the left of him and Kante to the right of him'...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think it was at the weekend when Jamie Redknapp (or someone equally insightful) said of Chelsea's formation; 'they are so solid with Matic central in front of the back four, with Kante to the left of him and Kante to the right of him'...
Tbf to Redknapp (and that happens rarely if ever) I saw a decent tweet last year, along the lines of "Two thirds of the earth's surface is covered by water. The rest is N'Golo Kante."

He is an absolutely brilliant player, losing him was always going to be bigger than losing Mahrez or Vardy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it was at the weekend when Jamie Redknapp (or someone equally insightful) said of Chelsea's formation; 'with Kante to the left of him and Kante to the right of him'...

...here I am, stuck in the middle with you?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This always bugs me. People say you should stick with a manager because they need time and cite the examples of Ferguson and Wenger. So should we have stuck with Sami Hyppia if he hadn't walked?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This always bugs me. People say you should stick with a manager because they need time and cite the examples of Ferguson and Wenger. So should we have stuck with Sami Hyppia if he hadn't walked?

I think they need to have proved something first.

The only thing Hyypia proved is that you don't need to get out the dugout to be considered a manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This always bugs me. People say you should stick with a manager because they need time and cite the examples of Ferguson and Wenger.
This is somewhat different as Ranieri has climbed to the top of the mountain, and appears to be coming down the other side at a rate of knots.

This weeks Football Weekly gets very heated, and Rafael Honegstien (sp), makes a very good case for sacking CR.

I still don't agree, although my opinion is now less sure footed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This is somewhat different as Ranieri has climbed to the top of the mountain, and appears to be coming down the other side at a rate of knots.

This weeks Football Weekly gets very heated, and Rafael Honegstien (sp), makes a very good case for sacking CR.

I still don't agree, although my opinion is now less sure footed.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-claudio-ranieri-to-part-ways-football-weekly

They start on Leicester @ 34:30

Before that though there's a couple of choice palace snippets.
Beginning at 24:45

One of them being:-

Since April 2014 Sunderland have only won 3 games in London.
All against palace.

And for [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION], the mention of Prince Charming in the changing room pops up at 27:20.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem is that Ranieri has bought badly, and none of his summer signings have added much to the side. He spunked the £30mill Kante money and another £30mill on top of that, while the likes of Ulloa have fallen down the pecking to inferior replacements. These are mistakes he could not afford to make.

The fact the Leicester players have got themselves up for the Champions League matches shows they DO have the ability - just not the focus - for the Prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem is that Ranieri has bought badly, and none of his summer signings have added much to the side. He spunked the £30mill Kante money and another £30mill on top of that, while the likes of Ulloa have fallen down the pecking to inferior replacements. These are mistakes he could not afford to make.

The fact the Leicester players have got themselves up for the Champions League matches shows they DO have the ability - just not the focus - for the Prem.
Begging the question, what needs to change?

What has swayed me slightly is the worst case scenario.

Do Leicester believe Ranieri is the manager to get them promoted from the Championship, post fire sale?
Do they think he'd even stick around to do the job?

If the answer to either of them is 'no', then they might as well bin him off now, in an attempt to salvage this season.

But that said, I still wouldn't want my club to behave in such a way.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Yes........or perhaps not

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

That Champions league group was very very easy - 2 championship sides and Porto.

Too many players in that team are one season wonders - Vardy is a poor player who it a purple patch

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leicester City 25 5 6 14 24 43 -19 21

way from home

Leicester City 12 0 3 9 8 25 -17 3

:ohmy:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Leicester City 25 5 6 14 24 43 -19 21

way from home

Leicester City 12 0 3 9 8 25 -17 3

:ohmy:

Nah, I'd just been blinded by the Burnley home/away form narrative.

I had no idea Leicester was only 2 draws better!

I thought the numbers were for a local Leicester Balti house. :D

The thing is when I reply to your comment the numbers separate and make sense.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A previous manager of ours was quite happy to tell everyone at a fans club meeting his views.

They weren't complementary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here