Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As I said on another thread, the Southampton win today makes me very nervous, but if I were a Huddersfield fan I would be much more nervous

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Southampton have two winnable games. We may well be But I'm not counting my chickens just yet

The problem you lot have is, its your'e looking at Southampton. Here's a clue it might Not be them. But it Won't be us !!!!

Stumpy Tim

Swansea & Huddersfield are playing terribly right now, and Saints were lucky to beat Bournemouth. If Saints lose at Everton next week, and Swansea lose at Bournemouth, then we are definitely safe I believe (assuming Swansea lose today). Swansea will be 4 points behind us, and Saints 5... and then they play each other.

Very handy they're playing each other frankly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not convinced that Huddersfield or West Ham will get another point.

I am convinced that Southampton will lose at Everton, and fail to beat Man City though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Southampton losing at Everton will calm a few nerves I suspect.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
By my calculations we beat united we would be safe. As at 40 points and with Southampton and Swansea playing each other one is certain to finish below us no matter the results when they play each other

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
By my calculations we beat united we would be safe. As at 40 points and with Southampton and Swansea playing each other one is certain to finish below us no matter the results when they play each other
Yes ! That is true !

And what a party Friday will be.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

By my calculations if Man United beat us we will not be safe :shrug:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Pretty confident now. And considering most people thought we wouldn't get a point from the last 5 games - and we've gained 2 already - every cause for optimism.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
West Ham and Huddersfield both need a single win to overtake us. Ok, that might seem very likely for Huddersfield considering their recent results, but with 3 and 4 games to go they can both get them and be above us as it only takes one win.

Swansea have three games and need five points to get above us, Southampton have a point less, so need 6 to be above us - but as their goal difference is fairly close to ours they might well overtake that if they get close to us on points. So for both, it's a win and two draws or two wins. Although they play each other, both could get above us whatever result they get against each other. Therefore that match will not save us, yet. What the match does mean is that if both Southampton and Swansea lose their next match we are safe. If only one of them does, then we are not safe. If they draw or win their next matches then we are threatened.

For us, a win will make us safe now. A draw will not really do it as both Swansea and Southampton could get to 39 points (well, Swansea to 40) if they draw against each other. Stoke beating Palace would also be a great help as while Stoke can't catch us, we don't want them relegated when they play Swansea on the final day.

We are playing the top three and we need to make sure we don't get thumped and lose our goal difference advantage, as well as trying to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here