Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5-0 and so ****ing DULL !!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If you were a manager of a team going there at the moment what would the hell you do? They have that aura about them at home now, like teams that went to Old Trafford years ago (maybe even worse than that) used to have where they were kind of 'beaten' before the game began, I'd even back them to beat Barca on current form.

It might be boring watching them destroy teams, but it's also good to watch as well as they play great football, also have a great mix of big strong players & little skillful guys.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
No I am saying they are better but so ****ing DULL I would rather watch paint dry inside the Chernobyl reactor than be a Citee fan.From potsdam to library in 3 seasons.No passion,no flair,no fun just surgical precision.

But they were blaming Blackburn! They are not going to start show-boating for this type of game. They did what they needed to do, saved their energy and have got through the round. I appreciate what you are saying but don't blame them - blame ITV for showing the game. Man City at home against Blackburn - I'm sorry but that had boredom written all over it. This years' FA Cup has been pretty tedious so far sadly.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
If you were a manager of a team going there at the moment what would the hell you do? They have that aura about them at home now, like teams that went to Old Trafford years ago (maybe even worse than that) used to have where they were kind of 'beaten' before the game began, I'd even back them to beat Barca on current form.

It might be boring watching them destroy teams, but it's also good to watch as well as they play great football, also have a great mix of big strong players & little skillful guys.

So cold,so passionless so destroying their own fanbase will the DULLNESS of their play.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If City carry on playing like this they'll hammer Barcelona in their champions league 1st leg. Such a formidable team. As I said to a mate of mine earlier, it'll be Wenger's finest hour if he pips City and Chelsea to the title this season. Taking into account the Invincibles feat as well.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Alvaro Negredo and Sergio Aguero are invariably always good to watch. For me, they are the best strike partnership in the Premier League by a country mile, not just their goals tally, but their link-up play and movement too. Dzeko's first goal tonight was a sublime finish too. 5-0 was a bit harsh in some respects on Blackburn as they had some decent spells of possession in the first half but they were let down by poor decision making with their final ball. After Robinson went off injured, it became a damage limitation exercise for them.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
But they were blaming Blackburn! They are not going to start show-boating for this type of game. They did what they needed to do, saved their energy and have got through the round. I appreciate what you are saying but don't blame them - blame ITV for showing the game. Man City at home against Blackburn - I'm sorry but that had boredom written all over it. This years' FA Cup has been pretty tedious so far sadly.

Well.I enjoyed the Reading Game,we played with flair,with fun and we won.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
5-0 to Citee and they are so cold,passionless and dreary that they are virtually unwatchable,they beat teams with ease and cold precision.No wonder their crowd have given up the potsdam celebration,opening a pack of Cinnamon pringles is tribute enough.

Closet Man U fan alert!:eek:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So cold,so passionless so destroying their own fanbase will the DULLNESS of their play.

Haha, yeah fans HATE winning FIVE - NIL. You are talking rubbish. City are proper flair this season. I mean I'd just hate watching games like City 6 (SIX) Arsenal 3 (THREE).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Totally agree. They are great to watch. Manager has them purring!

Calling them boring is like calling Croydon the Oasis of Britain!

TNBA

TTF

Totally agree. I am not a City fan, but I would much rather watch them than most of the other high profile teams. And if Alvaro Negredo fancied a move South...............

I read something over the weekend that in their home games this season they have scored 4 or more goals 9 times - 10 after tonight. How anybody can say they have no flair. I really appreciate the skill and technique - things like the goal Negredo scored over the weekend (or was it last week - long ball from Toure coming from behind him which he watched all the way and just took it on the volley perfectly. Wonderful.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
They did what they had to do last night. The week before, they ripped west ham to shreds. Now i appreciate we were dreadful but i thought City just had the ability to move up another 3 or 4 gears if they wanted to. One of the few sides, along with Arsenal, who i really enjoy watching. Not looking forward to the second leg next week now.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Clinical precision is no replacement for passion,they go through the motions knowing they can up their game and put the opposition to the sword but they have no flair or spark,I have seen them mostly only on MOTD but they are just like house painters.Competent but you would not like to see them paint your portrait.

Says it all really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wish we could be that dull occasionally, when was the last time our second string won a game 5-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here