Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-4-2

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
...guess most wanted the boring sideways gus football that rarely had an end product.

Apart from seeing us finish 4th you mean? ??? I'll admit I've never been a big fan of 4-4-2 but I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong about my predispositions. I believe 4-4-2 does have its drawbacks, especially against teams that play 3 in the middle but at the moment it's working for us. Long may it continue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got slated for loving the 4-4-2 as apparently it's a dinosaur tactic...What a load of balls.
Bloody great to watch and so entertaining...guess most wanted the boring sideways gus football that rarely had an end product.
The football we were playing at the end of 2012/13 was far from boring. We were outplaying sides and scoring great goals. It was a joy to watch.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Apart from seeing us finish 4th you mean? ??? I'll admit I've never been a big fan of 4-4-2 but I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong about my predispositions. I believe 4-4-2 does have its drawbacks, especially against teams that play 3 in the middle but at the moment it's working for us. Long may it continue.

I knew that would get mentioned lol
Still boring dire football though with half a dozen quality performances.
The Ipswich game was amazing to watch and when did we last say that about an away game? Charlton league 1?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The football we were playing at the end of 2012/13 was far from boring. We were outplaying sides and scoring great goals. It was a joy to watch.
You kidding me?
Home form was sketchy with to many draws and we was boring as away from home....outplaying sides was few and far between although that last 8/10 games was the highlight as most had not to play for.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You kidding me?
Home form was sketchy with to many draws and we was boring as away from home....outplaying sides was few and far between although that last 8/10 games was the highlight as most had not to play for.
In our last 17 games, we won 9, drew 6, lost 2, scoring 28 against 10. Hardly sketchy.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Terrible football! Watched the highlights on TV - that first goal. Bong must have kicked the ball the best part of thirty yards (forwards!) into KLL's path. Doesn't he know how to make short sideways passes? Where is the languid elegance of last season where the ball was passed from left to tight and back again across the back four? When we played proper football........
And KLL - what did he do? Did he turn with his back to goal, shield the ball, and wait for the midfielders to stroll into supporting positions? No, he just took one touch and booted the ball into the back of the net. Disgraceful. Crude stuff Long ball, one touch, hoof it in the goal.
Almost the same thing happened again later, but Baldock's effort went just wide, just proving that hoofball doesn't work. Bring back some proper sophisticated football, please! If we just want to see the ball moved quickly from defence to attack and straight in the net, shouldn't we be watching basketball?

Yes I agree absolute dire football.....All this scoring goals and top of the league bloody crap! Hughton out Hyypia in I loved that style of footie and a good old fashion relegation battle! This is going to be a long tough season if this continues! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here