Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Liverpool on sky, 5.30 kick off. Alot of the "fans" need to be in front of a TV to watch their "first team" so they need to leave early.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Every time a thread like this comes up I point out I don't know ANYONE who would leave a boring 0-0 5 mins into injury time so it always baffles me who these idiots slinking out with 10 mins to go are? Why pay your money and turn up if you don't want to watch the game. It's not even as if the traffic or crush is bad after, modern stadia and ESPECIALLY the Amex are amazing at clearing quickly.

Mental just mental :shrug:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
The woman 3 seats along from me left on 72 mins at 1-1 ! Silly cow. Dunno why people get so worked up about people leaving early though, doesn't affect me, up to them!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Yeah, was amazing. Looking over from the west, the East stand was half full with 5 mins to go.

I guess each to their own but I want to clap the lads off the pitch (and have another pie and a pint).

And so was the west and the north

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Totally wrong leaving early, team had a great win and they wanna enjoy it with fans and when stadiums half full at 90 mins,,,

They must think what the f..k

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Happens every game, and we are always part of the pre-final whistle leavers.
Gets us home an hour earlier and no tedious queuing for park n ride buses.

I guessed it would be far worse today, once the third and fourth goals, guaranteed the points, and that proved the case.

Like ManU, Chelski, Man City, Arsenal, and some other clubs, the obsession is getting home early.

Other clubs like Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle .... always seem to have a full house to the very end. More passionate fans?

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
But, actually you are.................performers on a stage...oh, just a thought.

No, I'm at a football stadium which allows entry after the match has started unlike a theatre which doesn't allow entry after a play/show has started. And you can leave a match when you want unlike a play/show where it normally causes a lot of inconvenience. There you go you know now how it works !

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
I like the fact so many people leave early, by the time I go, the queues at the station are small and move really fast.... and I leave just after the final whistle.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
No, I'm at a football stadium which allows entry after the match has started unlike a theatre which doesn't allow entry after a play/show has started. And you can leave a match when you want unlike a play/show where it normally causes a lot of inconvenience. There you go you know now how it works !

Let me put it this way...........you would not come past my seat whilst I was watching the game. You could sod off the other way. Now you know how it will work.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
But, actually you are.................performers on a stage...oh, just a thought.

It's actually not the theatre though is it? It's American Express Community STADIUM, and there's lots of grass but no stage. Maybe you're confused and somehow mistook The Amex for the Theatre Royal. Just a thought - try double checking your ticket next time.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I do not leave early but am old enough to realise that it has nothing to do with me if other people decide to leave early. Worry about yourself OP and stop being offended for other people. :rant:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Let me put it this way...........you would not come past my seat whilst I was watching the game. You could sod off the other way. Now you know how it will work.

You sound like a lovely reasonable person. Threatening violence against someone that wants to go home. Well done.

D

Deleted User X18H

Everyone behind the scenes was livid about this. Gus came in to post match press and said we play to final whistel why can't fans stay 'til final whistel? Then he stormed off, sayingthe result was now irrelevant. Dodge was so annoyed he punchd a wall in the Bupa Lounge and now has his arm in sling.

Paul Barber is introducing a leave early levy. 50p for every minute you leave before the final whistel.

Chris Birchall of Southern (not him who missed the penalty at Luton) defended his company's decision to run just one train a day from Falmer on Saturdays at 16:55. 'Football fans'said the Hull Polytechnic graduate......''they can whistel''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here