Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Investec Test: England v Pakistan at Edgbaston, Aug 3-7, 2016

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Another one hits the dust :nono:

Moeen Ali off his own bowling... Azhar Ali (on 69) driven back hard and high, but tipped over the bar :nono:

144-1 (52 overs)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another one hits the dust :nono:

Moeen Ali off his own bowling... Azhar Ali (on 69) driven back hard and high, but tipped over the bar :nono:

144-1 (52 overs)

Difficult chance to be fair. Most c&b's are pure instinct rather than skill. The only time I ever managed one was just a fluke that I'd raised my hands to protect my face and the ball fortuitously flew into them :lolol:

Shame though, that one could have been Ali c Ali b Ali

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was way out with my prediction that Pakistan would be all-out some time about tea-time.

Enjoying this though: proper test cricket - this one may actually go to five days

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shhhiiiiiiit

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tea, Day two

Pakistan 154-1 (55 overs), trailing by 143

154 run partnership for Azhar Ali 72*(172), Sami Aslam 69*(155) :clap2:

A very good afternoon for Pakistan indeed, 82 runs without loss. England wicketless for 54 overs :nono:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This is going nowhere. Slowly. Pakistan doing a very good job of draining the England bowlers trundling along at under 2.5 an over. England need something to click here.

Incorrect.
At the moment Pakistan are going toward a large first innings lead. Doesn't matter how long it takes....ITS A FIVE DAY TEST AND WE ARE ON DAY TWO. There is a huge amount of time left because of England batting like a one-day side and chucking wickets away. After a poor first Test, England got themselves back in the series but another poor day has put them on the back foot again. Pakistan will try and bat all day tomorrow, in similar fashion. Test cricket has to be attritional at times and Pakistan recognise this. Its a pity some England players don't apply themselves more.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Incorrect.
At the moment Pakistan are going toward a large first innings lead. Doesn't matter how long it takes....ITS A FIVE DAY TEST AND WE ARE ON DAY TWO. There is a huge amount of time left because of England batting like a one-day side and chucking wickets away. After a poor first Test, England got themselves back in the series but another poor day has put them on the back foot again. Pakistan will try and bat all day tomorrow, in similar fashion. Test cricket has to be attritional at times and Pakistan recognise this. Its a pity some England players don't apply themselves more.

Alright, alright, no need to shout. I understand the nuances of test cricket fine thanks :) I didn't mean the test match is going nowhere, rather going nowhere for England slowly, and England need something to happen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Azhar taking on Moeen Ali... smashes him straight for SIX. He is going at 4.5 an over. Painful.

168-1

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pakistan showing how test cricket should be played. I expect them to still be in bat at tea tomorrow and us to be beaten with them scoring sufficient to not have to bat again and us being bowled out cheaply again on days 4 or 5. A defeatist maybe.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Run out... Blimey :clap2:

Sami Aslam run out for 82 (176 balls, 9 fours, 1 six)... direct hit from Vince at short cover.

Suicidal dab and run from Azhar. :nono:

181-2 (62.2 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Still 27 overs to bowl this evening... plenty can happen to move the game on in that time!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Azhar Ali 100* (209 balls, 10 fours, 1 six) :clap2:

Well batted indeed. His 10th hundred in Test cricket, and 2nd against England.

Pakistan 202-2 (66.5 overs), trailing by 95

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Light drizzle and the players leave the field.

Pakistan 237-2 (79 overs), trailing by 60

Azhar Ali 130* Younis Khan 10*

The new ball is due in one over, there are 11 remaining in the day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Light drizzle and the players leave the field.

Pakistan 237-2 (79 overs), trailing by 60

Azhar Ali 130* Younis Khan 10*

The new ball is due in one over, there are 11 remaining in the day.

We could do with it pouring until this time tomorrow to slow them down and give us a chance of a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here