Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd (Dead Rubber) Test - Eng v NZ at Clean Slate Headingley, Leeds - 11am

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe getting ahead of myself here, but what are the stats/records for successful 4th innings chases in a three-match Test series? How many times has 3/3 been achieved before?

(Apologies in advance for the huge NZ 3rd innings score and subsequent England-esque batting collapse in the 4th... :eek:)

Answering my own question (sort of), if successful, England will become the first team to chase down 250+ in three consecutive matches :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some rain around Leeds at the moment, and some heavier stuff approaching as the cold front pushes through.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
leeds.PNG

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
According to BBC weather high chance of rain showers from now to oneish. Easing off after. Doesn't look enough to take enough overs away but could make the pitch more interesting

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fortunate enough to be there yesterday, taking advantage of £15 day 4 tickets.

Great day on the field, got very lairy on the Western Terrace though. My missus made the good call to find seats elsewhere just before 430, and it duly kicked off shortly after with beer throwing leading to full-on scrapping amongst the Dirty.

Hopefully the weather won't stop us wrapping up the whitewash today.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Great day on the field, got very lairy on the Western Terrace though. My missus made the good call to find seats elsewhere just before 430, and it duly kicked off shortly after with beer throwing leading to full-on scrapping amongst the Dirty.

Dirty is as dirty does. I don't think Headingly is great for a test venue now. Poor ticket sales and people from Leeds attending are among it's greatest issues. Deffo keep Old Trafford and Trent Bridge, let's not go to Yorkshire any more though

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dirty is as dirty does. I don't think Headingly is great for a test venue now. Poor ticket sales and people from Leeds attending are among it's greatest issues. Deffo keep Old Trafford and Trent Bridge, let's not go to Yorkshire any more though

I've done the Hollies Stand at Edgbaston a number of times. My favourite venue. Manages to keep the fancy dress, chanting and beer snakes of the Western Terrace but I've never once seen any trouble. Some good pubs in the location for afterwards and easy enough to the Balti Triangle. I've never really fancied Headingly though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I thought is free today

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Peter Grummit is referring to yesterday's pricing, as he was there then & it is free today.

OK I see.

Watching the ladies currently.

Huge swinger's.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a cricket thread so............

Morgan to announce retirement from international cricket

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61951802

Transformed England's approach to white ball cricket. I think Stokes is taking a lot from Morgan's style of trusting players to attack and follow their instincts. He goes on his terms before anyone needs to suggest it to him. A true England great.

Jimmy Grimble

Could hear anti-Man United chants on the Sky coverage. The Leeds fans just can’t help themselves.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Cracking photo mind.....

[tweet]1541152124851085312[/tweet]

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

I enjoyed watching the beer snake fun and games on the Western Terrace from the comfort of the Truman Enclosure - until the stupid fracas that broke out between a small number of idiots later in the afternoon. No place for that kind of behaviour at the cricket but I guess it's not entirely unpredictable given the amount of beer consumed during many hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here