Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3G pitch at Eastbourne Sports Park ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We have a fixture out there next weekend. Just wondering if anyone has played on it before and can advise? It's advertised as 3G, so I'm assuming it's the real deal and not just an astro turf ?

Have I got the right one in that it's near the DGH and athletics track ?, as I know there's also a 3G up on Denton Road.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
MY SON PLAYED A SEMI FINAL THERE TODAY PROPER 3G WITH RUBBER BITS!:thumbsup: BEHIND THE HOSPITAL!

Thanks. Snap!, my boy has a semi-final there too. How did your boy's team get on today ? What age group are they ?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
My old school has one, it has the rubber pellets. New ones are not fantastic as they require wearing in but once they are worn, they are great to play on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
u15's won 3-0 my son came on as sub first half at left back,2nd half went left mid and scored 2.:thumbsup:
what age group is your semi?

Nice ! Congrats and good luck for the final. Any idea where they hold the finals (I'm assuming your lot play in the Sussex Sunday Youth too) ?

Ours is u13's.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My old school has one, it has the rubber pellets. New ones are not fantastic as they require wearing in but once they are worn, they are great to play on.

Quite looking forward to our boys playing on a 3G as we try to play football rather than hoof ball, so will suit us down to the ground.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My ten year old trains on one. Constantly stops to empty his boots of the bits and forgets about playing!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
One important piece of advice. Buy yourself a decent vacuum cleaner - you'll need it to pick up all the rubber pellets that you'll find everywhere in your house after playing on the 3G.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One important piece of advice. Buy yourself a decent vacuum cleaner - you'll need it to pick up all the rubber pellets that you'll find everywhere in your house after playing on the 3G.

I get an ear bashing from the wife every time I bring the kids back from the allotment with muddy boots...rubber pellets all over the house will make a nice change punish: :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I played on a 'Tiger Turf' pitch at Lilleshall National Sports Centre (in Shropshire) last week. It was a really nice surface, fantastic for passing. Proper impressed - I had never seen that kind of artificial surface before, it didn't have sand or rubber.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
3G pitches are very good, i train at the 3G in Seaford and played at East Grinsteads last season. Great to play on as it is always true other than a lot of bounce when the ball is coming down.

I would advise wearing moulds as its like playing on a surface that is soft on top but hard underneath so you can feel metal studs more.

Also with the lack of give in the surface you may find yourself aching more than normal and as for taking off layers of skin, i haven't had any problems and i play in goal.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I play on the 3G pitch at Eastbourne Sports park every week. In fact, I was there last night. Incidentally my team won 2-0 :)

You can wear either trainers or boots in all weather and have good grip. Be sure not to slide as you will burn your skin off, as I have found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here