23 league games = £368.00 + cup games.
Season ticket for Amex - £360.00

Yes it is you.
Next question.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Assuming there are 4people per car it works to £4 a head per match. Hardly over the top compared to a day bus saver being £3.60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 18477

I'll take the train for £1 per game thank you very much!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At first sight it seems expensive but given it's a rare resource and the club want 4 or more in a car it is very sensible pricing.

The stadium extension plans will be heavily reliant on transport and car travel has to made unattractive.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
As a dedicated driver to Withdean I noted this offer with interest. However my concerns would be:

1) You are having to commit to the whole season so you are stuffed on those odd occasions when you fancy taking the train and having a beer.

2) You need to make sure that every match you have at least four in the car to make it viable.

3) This bumper to bumper parking plan could be a nightmare and despite having the convenience of going in your own car, it could takes ages to get away from the parking. On that basis you may as well wait 30 mins for a P&R bus or train back to where your car is.

An yes I know point 2 is deliberate policy but ensuring it will not always be easy

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
At first sight it seems expensive but given it's a rare resource and the club want 4 or more in a car it is very sensible pricing.

The stadium extension plans will be heavily reliant on transport and car travel has to made unattractive.
Yeah its sensible in that aspect but if you don't mind waiting an hour to get out then its not:)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah its sensible in that aspect but if you don't mind waiting an hour to get out then its not:)

Yep I think it will take bloody ages to get home by car. But suspect the same for train and bus!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Obviously the pricing is geared to encourage people to fill their cars. Interesting in this country how we always discourage things through punishments rather than encouragements through incentives - not a criticism of the club, just the way Britain works.

Here's a radical idea: car with one person in £20. 2 people in - £15. 3 people in - £10. 4 or more - a fiver.

Of course, it wouldn't raise as much money but as it's all about sustainability really ;-)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It would be quicker to walk and i would rather park a mile away somewhere as that would easily be quicker.

Snap, plus you get a couple of miles walking as free exercise every time you go to a match!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There is an abundance of public transport for cheap, or if you have to drive, a park and ride. Very few people would actually NEED to park right near the ground, and presumably there are disabled arrangements for those that do. Its a complete luxury, so why not charge through the roof for it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be quicker to walk and i would rather park a mile away somewhere as that would easily be quicker.

I can see Coldean and Moulscombe becoming the major parkling places. Possibly even firther down Lewes Rd towards the old Preston Barracks and then the normal bus service with a travel voucher.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Possibly even firther down Lewes Rd towards the old Preston Barracks and then the normal bus service with a travel voucher.

I live in that area and good luck finding a space.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can see Coldean and Moulscombe becoming the major parkling places. Possibly even firther down Lewes Rd towards the old Preston Barracks and then the normal bus service with a travel voucher.

The buses will be pretty much full by the time they get that far along Lewes Road on a match day. I think you will struggle to get on and may as well simply walk it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

This is what I was planning .. parking a mile away and jogging down. Not familiar with the area at all and no doubt it will become a bit of a lottery but I'm planning on a recce of the area sometime to see what's what

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here