Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

36 years and never seen better

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I have watched the Albion for 36 years and I have never seen them perform better than I saw them today. I have seen them fight like tigers, I have seen them battle like lions, I have seen them battle in most extraordinary circunmstances: for example win away at Liverpool on their way to Wembley. But I have never, in all those years, seen them play like they did today. I have never seen them control a game against any opposition like they did today: let alone supposed promotion contenders. I have never seen them outpass, outplay and outclass a team like they did today. Never, in all my hundreds of games. I am stunned, delighted and completely overawedby what I have seen today.
That is all.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Was another great away day wasnt it, was a better performance i think than Charlton, but i think that Peterboro pretty average team, bar attack and goalkeeper very average.
I cant believe i just saw on bbc write up that we only had 48% possession, they at the same game, was at least 65%

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
3 goals conceded in 7 away league games.

No one has really mentioned the defence today, but Greer and El-abd were immense in dealing with the (admittedly limited) Posh attacks

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I have watched the Albion for 36 years and I have never seen them perform better than I saw them today. I have seen them fight like tigers, I have seen them battle like lions, I have seen them battle in most extraordinary circunmstances: for example win away at Liverpool on their way to Wembley. But I have never, in all those years, seen them play like they did today. I have never seen them control a game against any opposition like they did today: let alone supposed promotion contenders. I have never seen them outpass, outplay and outclass a team like they did today. Never, in all my hundreds of games. I am stunned, delighted and completely overawedby what I have seen today.
That is all.

totally concur, I actually feel embarrased for humiliating the boro. I am sat here still stunned, this is not football as you know it.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Although I'm 12,000 miles away I'm also enjoying every moment of this.
My next door neighbour is a Man Utd fan, I'm off to mow the lawns with a giant smile on my face.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Nearly 50 years watching for me and none better than this present time. We may have had more skillful and better individual players in the past and more impressive results, but this TEAM performance beats them. It was not marvelling at a few exciting incidents as we did in most of our memorable past games, but more a continuous amazement at what we were seeing throughout the whole game. I found myself just shaking my head and smiling - both at the quality of the football and that the fact that it was US, THE ALBION, playing it ! Just savour the present glory times - our 'feelgood' tank has become empty over the last couple of years and needs replenishing.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I have watched the Albion for 43 years and I have never seen them perform better than I saw them today. In addition, as I think I posted last week, I have never seen this consistency from an Albion team game on game to dominate every side we have played (except for 35 minutes against Tranmere!!!)
Indeed for many of those 43 years I would watch wondering when we were going to give the game away (often in the last few minutes) but don't feel that anymore!
Quite breathtaking!

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
well 46 years of watching for me and yes I have seen better players, Ward, Lawro, Robinson, Zamore and my all time Favourite Bobby Smith, but this TEAM is such a delight to watch, awesome, I was just a little disapointed that we did not score more today as we deserved 6 or 7 for the total destruction of a 'good' team. We will lose some games this year, cant see many though.

I said to my 15 year son at the end of the game 'see it was not bad making you a Brighton fan when you were born' his smile said it all, he and me are at the start of something very special

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here