Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

36% possesion?

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
On both the BBC and the seagulls site it has us down as having only 36% possesion tonight. As I couldn't make it, can someone confirm if this is an accurate reflection of the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolute tosh

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Definately not. Rubbish. Whilst they did have more possession in the second half, tops they had 48% then but we bossed it in the first, overall for me a 58% for the Albion.

Jul 5, 2003
I think these stats are for the last ten minutes only. They seem to give them in ten minute blocks.

We were under pressure at the end and this is probably a fair reflection of those ten minutes.

At half time the BBC site was showing 58 - 42 in our favour, to drop down as far as that we would not have had a touch of the ball throughout the second half.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sky says 58% to us (42% to them)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Patently bollocks. Ankergren had the ball to himself for at least 10% of the game :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think these stats are for the last ten minutes only. They seem to give them in ten minute blocks.

We were under pressure at the end and this is probably a fair reflection of those ten minutes.

At half time the BBC site was showing 58 - 42 in our favour, to drop down as far as that we would not have had a touch of the ball throughout the second half.

That would make sense.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sky says 58% to us (42% to them)

I was there and would go along with that! Although i thought we looked very tired tonight, 1st touch wasn't great either but at this stage of the season it's the result that really matters!!

Well done fellas, keep up the good work:thumbsup:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth

At half time the BBC site was showing 58 - 42 in our favour, to drop down as far as that we would not have had a touch of the
ball throughout the second half.

This makes more sense, I've seen the possesion stats change dramatically before on the text commentary.
On one of the recent seagulls podcast they had Ferret talking about the stats he compiles for
Gus at halftime.

It would be interesting to see some of the stats compiled by the clubs match analyst. I'd say Bridcutt must have the most touches per game for us or possibly Greer.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How could it ever be so low when Casper has the ball at his feet for longer than that in every game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here