Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 31 shots, 4 on target

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
And all 4 down Krul’s throat. Just not nearly good enough. I should say that - for family reasons - today is the first game I have seen since Watford away. I’ve not missed much.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I should that - for family reasons - today I think we need a striker :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
20220403_094236.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just looked back at home match stats from BBC match reports. Not great reading.

In the 7 home matches since the start of 2022:

Shots/On Target/Goals

Norwich: 31/4/0
Spurs: 15/0/0
Liverpool: 8/3/0
Villa: 12/1/0
Burnley: 11/1/0
Chelsea: 10/2/1
Palace: 19/4/1

106 shots, 15 on target, 2 goals

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I should that - for family reasons - today I think we need a striker :)

We have a striker, whose confidence is in the toilet, maybe if some people got off his back and he gets the relevant man management from the bench he will get through it.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We have a striker, whose confidence is in the toilet, maybe if some people got off his back and he gets the relevant man management from the bench he will get through it.
How are people on his back ? His song was sung after the penalty miss, and by the North when he was subbed, he was applauded by the North as he walked off in front of us, and he didn't acknowledge us at all

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How are people on his back ? His song was sung after the penalty miss, and by the North when he was subbed, he was applauded by the North as he walked off in front of us, and he didn't acknowledge us at all

We noticed that from the West. Big Sulk from our NM. He was supported by the fans throughout the match.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Other than this post, are you on a social media blackout? 😂

There are a number of Albion fans currently on his back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And all 4 down Krul’s throat. Just not nearly good enough. I should say that - for family reasons - today is the first game I have seen since Watford away. I’ve not missed much.

It is certainly not great, but nor is it actually true. For whatever reason, they’ve decided that statistically a shot is only ‘on target’ if it is the keeper who stops it. For example, after the Krul save from Veltman’s header, the following corner was headed towards goal by Welbeck, and hacked away by a defender on (or close to) the line. That doesn’t count.

In a later scramble Dunk has a shot from six yards, which has Krul beaten and is blocked by a defender. It rebounds out to Veltman who again volleys on target, and is again blocked by a defender. That’s three examples immediately off the top of my head, but there are others, too.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We noticed that from the West. Big Sulk from our NM. He was supported by the fans throughout the match.

I'd genuinely love to know what Uncle Tony thinks of these stats.

Every single Brighton fan I know thinks we need better strikers, every single non-Brighton fan I know think we need better strikers, and every single pundit I watch will state we need better strikers.

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but there are some clues here.

Give Maupay a near impossible angle, from a near impossible half chance, and he'll score. Give him a clear cut opportunity to tuck one away and you may as well pass it to a Piglet Pie....

Still, we're not in a relegation dogfight. I'm thankful for small mercies that there are more than three teams sh*tter than us this season. :thumbsup:

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
I'd genuinely love to know what Uncle Tony thinks of these stats.

Every single Brighton fan I know thinks we need better strikers, every single non-Brighton fan I know think we need better strikers, and every single pundit I watch will state we need better strikers.

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but there are some clues here.

Give Maupay a near impossible angle, from a near impossible half chance, and he'll score. Give him a clear cut opportunity to tuck one away and you may as well pass it to a Piglet Pie....

Still, we're not in a relegation dogfight. I'm thankful for small mercies that there are more than three teams sh*tter than us this season. :thumbsup:

Spot on especially in relation to Maupay. You wonder what our Sports Psychologists actually does?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It is certainly not great, but nor is it actually true. For whatever reason, they’ve decided that statistically a shot is only ‘on target’ if it is the keeper who stops it. For example, after the Krul save from Veltman’s header, the following corner was headed towards goal by Welbeck, and hacked away by a defender on (or close to) the line. That doesn’t count.

In a later scramble Dunk has a shot from six yards, which has Krul beaten and is blocked by a defender. It rebounds out to Veltman who again volleys on target, and is again blocked by a defender. That’s three examples immediately off the top of my head, but there are others, too.

Fair point, end result the same though. Our attacks are so ponderous and the opposition find it easy to regroup.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

An accurate assessment….plus I’ll add that of the four on target I can only recall one (from March) being down his ‘throat’ as stated by another poster

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I would hazard a guess he felt desperately disappointed to have let everyone down. It didn’t look like a sulk, it looked like someone a bit crestfallen at the chances they’d missed. If you’re going to clap someone, do it because you’ve appreciated their efforts not that you require some needy clap back.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter praises reaction of Brighton fans to Neal Maupay’s missed chances

Graham Potter thanked the Brighton fans for their “fantastic” reaction towards Neal Maupay after the forward’s penalty miss ensured the Seagulls fired another blank in a 0-0 draw with Norwich.

Boss Potter replaced Maupay after that third and final miss and saw the home fans inside the Amex Stadium give a long round of applause to the club’s top goalscorer as he walked around the pitch.

“As you can imagine he is disappointed like the rest of us,” the Brighton boss said of the striker. “It wasn’t his day today and it happens, that’s life."

“I thought the reaction of the supporters was fantastic with him, that was really good."

“A huge thank you to them for that because he gave everything in the game but it just wasn’t his day. That happens but it will be his day another day.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-graham-potter-neal-maupay-b2049721.html

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

This is the mentality of people who comfort their wives they're sad but then gets angry when they dont get a blowjob in return.

Maupay might have felt quite down and not in the mood for some forced social transactions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here