30 British dead from Tunisia attack

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
wow what a stupid comment, london has far more people than either of the places in tunisia , the odds are greater and the bombings werent targeting a specific group like western tourists.

I think you`ll find London Bombers were targetting Westerners..be they in London Paris Sydney or in Tunisia..On Holiday or normal working day.....They are targetting westerners be they holidaymakers or not.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think you`ll find London Bombers were targetting Westerners..be they in London Paris Sydney or in Tunisia..On Holiday or normal working day.....They are targetting westerners be they holidaymakers or not.
Not sure when you were last in London , but I think you'll find that its full of a lot of disparate groups , whereas sousse was full of tourists , and those locals working in the tourist industry , narrows the odds of being attacked somewhat, wouldnt you say ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why not? The two places are 90-odd miles apart.
The gov didn't say it was a no go area.
Most of those on holiday had probably booked more than three months before.

Well, I don't know about you, but having heard about an attack on tourists at a museum in the country in March with 20 people killed, I certainly wouldn't be saying "ooh, sounds nice, let's go there for our holiday this summer".

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this morning on the breakfast programme a retired policeman was saying there was another guy there doing the shooting as well as the one seen on camera, second one was wearing red shorts and when he went to tell the Tunisian police they knew of him and said he was dead.
no mention of this anywhere else?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
this morning on the breakfast programme a retired policeman was saying there was another guy there doing the shooting as well as the one seen on camera, second one was wearing red shorts and when he went to tell the Tunisian police they knew of him and said he was dead.
no mention of this anywhere else?

BBC News, I think it was Sunday, interviewed a tourist who said there was clearly more than one person. Also, phone camera footage shows an explosion at the front of the hotel (he was filming from balcony as it happened) and he swung his phone around to show the cloud of smoke and then the gunman on the beach at the same time. What was that explosion at the front?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Saw some Ukrainian woman in hospital with shrapnel wounds from a grenade last night, it does look like there was at least two of them

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BBC News, I think it was Sunday, interviewed a tourist who said there was clearly more than one person. Also, phone camera footage shows an explosion at the front of the hotel (he was filming from balcony as it happened) and he swung his phone around to show the cloud of smoke and then the gunman on the beach at the same time. What was that explosion at the front?

in some of the on line papaers now but still no mention on any Tv news

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saw some Ukrainian woman in hospital with shrapnel wounds from a grenade last night, it does look like there was at least two of them
A BBC report yesterday said the gunman had entered the hotel after shooting people on the beach and chucked a few grenades before leaving and being chased, stoned and ultimately killed on the street.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The grenade shrapnel wounds story of the Ukrainian woman was on either CNN or BBC World last night, although, i dont think anybody made a connection about there being possibly two attackers.

Edit: ok Greencross. Didnt hear that bit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just heard a story that my wife was told that a friend was going to Tunisia next week, she had booked independently with the hotel and monarch flights.

She contacted the hotel on Sunday wishing to cancel, and they refunded her money that afternoon. Monarch on the other hand said that as they had not had any instructions to not fly to Tunisia, it was toughs hit and won't refund a penny. They even looked at rebooking to go to Italy and monarch wouldn't allow their tickets to be swapped either.

She is speaking to abta

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just heard a story that my wife was told that a friend was going to Tunisia next week, she had booked independently with the hotel and monarch flights.

She contacted the hotel on Sunday wishing to cancel, and they refunded her money that afternoon. Monarch on the other hand said that as they had not had any instructions to not fly to Tunisia, it was toughs hit and won't refund a penny. They even looked at rebooking to go to Italy and monarch wouldn't allow their tickets to be swapped either.

She is speaking to abta

As things stand, the Foreign Office are advising not travelling to only some parts of Tunisia. So I guess Monarch are guided by them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

She is speaking to abta

We booked to Kenya last year (First Choice). The gun battle in the mall put paid to that and the government issued an advice against traveling. This means insurance companies must pay up on cancellations. With the FCO not issuing this advice for Tunisia all holidays, flights and excursions must go ahead.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Cleric said to be behind Tunisian beach massacre is living on benefits in Britain
Hani-al-Sibai, described as a 'key influencer' of Tunisian terror group, lives in a £1 million house on a leafy street in fashionable west London.

Hani-al-Sibai reportedly lives with his wife and five children in west London on £50,000 a year in handouts, disability living allowance.

A leader of the terrorist group suspected of being behind the Tunisian beach massacre is living in benefits in Britain.
Hani al-Sibai, an al-Qaeda cleric suspected of radicalising "Jihadi John", lives in a £1 million house leafy street in fashionable west London.
He is said to be one of the "key influencers" of the Islamic fanatics believed to have recruited and trained gunman Seifeddine Rezgui.
Egyptian-born al-Sibai, 54, reportedly lives on £50,000 a year in handouts, disability living allowance, with his wife and five children.
Asked how he could justify taking so much in benefits, al-Sibai, who is under investigation suspected of benefit fraud, told the Daily Mail: "Ask David Cameron, don't ask me."

Seifeddine Rezgui who is the gunman who killed dozens of people in the holiday resort of Sousse, Tunisia
Keith Vaz, chairman of the home affairs select committee, said he was writing to Home Secretary Theresa May to demand an explanation as to why al-Sibai is still in the country.
"It is extraordinary that successive governments have been trying but failing to remove someone who has these worrying links," he said.
"The way he has foiled attempts to remove him are a cause for enormous concern."
Tory MP Peter Bone added: "This is the sort of thing that drives my constituents mad. I expect the Home Secretary to deal with this urgently. There is a very strong case for him to be deported. He needs to be dealt with."
Al-Sibai is understood to have close links to Tunisian terror group Ansar al-Sharia, which authorities believe to have recruited and trained Rezgui.
He is cited at length in a 2013 report by the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism in The Hague, and is described as one of its "key influencers".
Security services are understood to be investigating links between al-Sibai and his influence on the west London terror network in which Jihadi John – unmasked as Mohammed Emwazi – operated.
It is claimed that al-Sibai, a charismatic preacher, had "captivated" a number of young Muslim men who subsequently went abroad to fight jihad.
In a court case last year, he was accused of having "provided material support to al-Qaeda and conspired to commit terrorist acts", an allegation he denies.
The Department for Work and Pensions said: "People who commit, plan and support acts of terror will be prosecuted and anyone who has been deported or sent to prison will lose their benefits.' The Home Office said: 'We do not routinely comment on individual cases.

That will start a binfest

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Cleric said to be behind Tunisian beach massacre is living on benefits in Britain
Hani-al-Sibai, described as a 'key influencer' of Tunisian terror group, lives in a £1 million house on a leafy street in fashionable west London.

Hani-al-Sibai reportedly lives with his wife and five children in west London on £50,000 a year in handouts, disability living allowance.

A leader of the terrorist group suspected of being behind the Tunisian beach massacre is living in benefits in Britain.
Hani al-Sibai, an al-Qaeda cleric suspected of radicalising "Jihadi John", lives in a £1 million house leafy street in fashionable west London.
He is said to be one of the "key influencers" of the Islamic fanatics believed to have recruited and trained gunman Seifeddine Rezgui.
Egyptian-born al-Sibai, 54, reportedly lives on £50,000 a year in handouts, disability living allowance, with his wife and five children.
Asked how he could justify taking so much in benefits, al-Sibai, who is under investigation suspected of benefit fraud, told the Daily Mail: "Ask David Cameron, don't ask me."

Seifeddine Rezgui who is the gunman who killed dozens of people in the holiday resort of Sousse, Tunisia
Keith Vaz, chairman of the home affairs select committee, said he was writing to Home Secretary Theresa May to demand an explanation as to why al-Sibai is still in the country.
"It is extraordinary that successive governments have been trying but failing to remove someone who has these worrying links," he said.
"The way he has foiled attempts to remove him are a cause for enormous concern."
Tory MP Peter Bone added: "This is the sort of thing that drives my constituents mad. I expect the Home Secretary to deal with this urgently. There is a very strong case for him to be deported. He needs to be dealt with."
Al-Sibai is understood to have close links to Tunisian terror group Ansar al-Sharia, which authorities believe to have recruited and trained Rezgui.
He is cited at length in a 2013 report by the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism in The Hague, and is described as one of its "key influencers".
Security services are understood to be investigating links between al-Sibai and his influence on the west London terror network in which Jihadi John – unmasked as Mohammed Emwazi – operated.
It is claimed that al-Sibai, a charismatic preacher, had "captivated" a number of young Muslim men who subsequently went abroad to fight jihad.
In a court case last year, he was accused of having "provided material support to al-Qaeda and conspired to commit terrorist acts", an allegation he denies.
The Department for Work and Pensions said: "People who commit, plan and support acts of terror will be prosecuted and anyone who has been deported or sent to prison will lose their benefits.' The Home Office said: 'We do not routinely comment on individual cases.

That will start a binfest
There are people on here who think it's less important than starbucks tax affairs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it does make you wonder what has happened to our MI5 and MI6 have we all lost our backbone or maybe we could deport them all on technicalities
come on Home Sec ship the sedicious bar stewards out **** the EU and what they think just do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports