Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"3 More Deals/Loans Next Week" - BBC

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lets assume we'll get Stockdale and Ward as two of the Cantor three.

Kuszczak

Bruno~Greer~Upson~Ward

OR

Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Hughes~Ward

Are we stronger this season, about the same or a bit weaker?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Lets assume we'll get Stockdale and Ward as two of the Cantor three.

Kuszczak

Bruno~Greer~Upson~Ward

OR

Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Hughes~Ward

Are we stronger this season, about the same or a bit weaker?
Substitute Calderon into the 2nd team and I'd say stronger.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BBC's Johnny Cantor has just tweeted that "there should be news on 3 more loans/deals next week"

[tweet]490223205052084224[/tweet]

Goalkeeper and what two other positions? left back, centre half, midfielder, striker?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale is very much an improvement on Kucszack, Hughes on a par with Upson who is going to be EXPOSED hugely in the Prem, if we get Ward then the defence looks STURDY to me

It doesn't to me. I don't think Greer and Hughes are going to mix. I think they are too similar in style (although both good players and Hughes is an improvement on Upson). Bruno and Ward would be good enough and I haven't a clue about Stockdale. Both our current left backs have me extremely worried. I'd sooner have Orlandi at left back.

I am still optimistic though, based on the three expected signings. All Championships teams (except perhaps Derby, Norwich & Fulham) seem to be a bit short in the right players to form a complete team.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Chicksen looks decent to me, if Ward does not sign give him a go. Greer has one more good season in him but would rather have us spend some cash on a replacement for a good CB.

GK is obviously a must along with a Striker and another winger coz Buckley ain't gonna cut it with his dodgy hammy's

It doesn't to me. I don't think Greer and Hughes are going to mix. I think they are too similar in style (although both good players and Hughes is an improvement on Upson). Bruno and Ward would be good enough and I haven't a clue about Stockdale. Both our current left backs have me extremely worried. I'd sooner have Orlandi at left back.

I am still optimistic though, based on the three expected signings. All Championships teams (except perhaps Derby, Norwich & Fulham) seem to be a bit short in the right players to form a complete team.

I know it is all about opinions but Hughes an upgrade on last years player of the season is highly questionable and a player at left back with limited pace and the inability to tackle is just as bizarre.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
With Ulloa sold and Monakana sent out on loan all we need is one more player to go this week and he's got it spot on about 3 deals, Shame it all appears to be outgoing and not incoming deals though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The sooner we get a 1st choice striker, and a goalkeeper the better.

Next priority the left back, followed by 2 in midfield / out wide and we'll be very nearly done.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The sooner we get a 1st choice striker, and a goalkeeper the better.

Next priority the left back, followed by 2 in midfield / out wide and we'll be very nearly done.

Goalkeeper, left back and striker are essential before the season starts in my opinion but I'd prefer them to come in asap so we've got chance to make sure they're up to speed on both fitness and the way Sami Hyypia intends us to play this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here