Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 into 2 ain’t it ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Liverpool lose tonight obviously we think again but …..

We’re going to do this. My default position is pessimism but irrespective of tomorrows game we are better than spurs or villa

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Liverpool are up and away now. Need to forget about them. Easiest of the run ins. Happy for them to give Villa a tonking.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Saw a video about 3 into 2 on p0rnhub the other night..

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Liverpool are up and away now. Need to forget about them. Easiest of the run ins. Happy for them to give Villa a tonking.
Villa and Brentford aren’t that easy. Leicester will be fighting for survival and as for Southampton funny things happen to teams once relegation is confirmed.

Anyway win all our games and we’ll finish above Liverpool!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Villa and Brentford aren’t that easy. Leicester will be fighting for survival and as for Southampton funny things happen to teams once relegation is confirmed.

Anyway win all our games and we’ll finish above Liverpool!
That certainly is optimistic :)

But I don't discount the possibility that we'll only drop points in say 2 of our remaining games. Yes they are tough, but we're bloody good. Always remembering, that if it looks like we might be depriving Liverpool of a Europa League place with 2 or 3 games left, VAR officials will be getting VERY twitchy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, I think Liverpool will probably take 5th now their injury list has mostly gone.

I just keep thinking “we are a MUCH better side than Spurs” and believe that if everything goes as it should, we will finish above them.

I hope we go into that final game against Villa with Europe already confirmed. I think it’s 50/50 between us and them as to who finishes higher tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Here's my (ever so slightly) optimistic take on our run-in:

Man Utd (H) Evenly matched, but we’re at home & eager to make up for Wembley. WIN.
Everton (H) WIN.
Arsenal (A) Crucial (for both). They have Newcastle away next – lose there and we can end their title hopes at the Emirates. WIN.
Newcastle (A) Tough game, but they won’t be looking forwards to it either. WIN
Southampton (H) WIN.
Man City (H) If (IF!) we have beaten Arsenal, this could be vs the crowned champions. We’ve done it before... WIN.
Aston Villa (A) If (IF!) the above has happened, we will be on a massive roll, so why not? WIN!

21 points, leaving us on 73 and 5th or better.

Newcastle would have to find another 8 points from the 4 games they have left (not including us), though would probably sneak it on GD.
Man U would have to find another 11 points from the 5 games they have left (not including us) as our GD is too good for them.

We're about 20/1 for securing champions league now, which seems about right.

NURSE! :lolol:

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Lots of assumptions but I see it between us and Villa and I have then to finish on 62 points. That being the case we need 10 more.

You'd 'expect' 6 vs Everton and Stains but it's the other 4 that are really bothersome. I'm seeing tonight as maybe being the best opportunity to pick up 3 of them. I really don't want to have to think about us haveing to go to Villa Park needing 'just' a draw

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Man Utd (H) Evenly matched, but we’re at home & eager to make up for Wembley. WIN.
Everton (H) WIN.
Arsenal (A) Crucial (for both). They have Newcastle away next – lose there and we can end their title hopes at the Emirates. WIN.
Southampton (H) WIN.
Man City (H) If (IF!) we have beaten Arsenal, this could be vs the crowned champions. We’ve done it before... (at home admittedly). WIN.
Aston Villa (A) If (IF!) the above has happened, we will be on a massive roll, so why not? WIN!

18 points, leaving us on 70 and 5th or better.

Newcastle would have to find another 5 points from the 4 games they have left (not including us), though would probably sneak it on GD.
Man U would have to find another 8 points from the 5 games they have left (not including us) as our GD is too good for them.

I'm massively optimistic too and firmly believe every game is winnable, including the home game against Man City. I'm half expecting either Newcastle or Man Utd to drop off, but sadly that is more likely to let in Liverpool than us. I'm not giving up though!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm massively optimistic too and firmly believe every game is winnable, including the home game against Man City. I'm half expecting either Newcastle or Man Utd to drop off, but sadly that is more likely to let in Liverpool than us. I'm not giving up though!
Your reply got in before I noticed mis-counting the points total from our games :lolol:

It's actually more achievable than what you quoted... (now edited)

It's very unlikely, but we are very good and momentum is massively important

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Can't see the scousers catching United but can see us catching them.....surely they won't be cheering on United tonight though?!?!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Everton (H) WIN.
Southampton (H) WIN.
Man City (H) If (IF!) we have beaten Arsenal, this could be vs the crowned champions. We’ve done it before... (at home admittedly). WIN.

Newcastle would have to find another 8 points from the 4 games they have left (not including us), though would probably sneak it on GD.
Man U would have to find another 11 points from the 5 games they have left (not including us) as our GD is too good for them.

Pessimist!

If we win those game, our GD will very likely overhaul Newcastle's. Come on MJ back your boys

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Everton (H) WIN.
Southampton (H) WIN.

I accept my winnings, YOU are Ted Lasso!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Pessimist!

If we win those game, our GD will very likely overhaul Newcastle's. Come on MJ back your boys
Sorry Nobblet, I just think our win at St James's Park will be narrow. If I was a little more optimistic, I might say we'd take inspiration from Villa, tonk them 3-0 and then not have to worry about GD :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here