[Football] 3.01 pm kick-off. Time for some more preaching

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
10 pages in 4 hrs ?

Can't be arsed reading it but assume [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] is talking complete bollocks whilst being backed up by the other two wise monkeys [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION]. I'm guessing they are still struggling to come to terms with the fact we are in the 21st century, let alone a new decade.

Brand new year, same old shit :lolol:

Bang on :thumbsup:

Who'd've thunk it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I ignore advertising at football. It’s the visual equivalent of white noise. It leaves no impression on me whatsoever. If you asked me to name any product advertised on the big screens I couldn’t name one.

What’s our ground called?

:lolol:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
A short film narrated by the Duke of Cambridge will be played at FA Cup matches to encourage football fans to look after their mental health.
The film will be played in stadiums just before kick-off at every FA Cup third round match this weekend.
Kick-off for all 32 fixtures will be delayed for 60 seconds to prompt fans to consider their well-being.

What a bunch of extreme bollocks. Is anyone REALLY going to consider their well-being for one minute before a football match because they're prompted to? We're football fans going to a football match. Stop assuming we all need help. And if we do, then a football match is not the time or place. Everyone's fecking virtue signalling. Oh, aren't we great, we're pretending to be interested in mental health … two weeks ago it was rainbow laces. Open a frigging church next door to the Amex so that folks who want to be preached at can go in there before the game. Rant over. Well, this one anyway … for the moment.

Just imagine if you can if this had been done before a game at the Goldstone. Everyone would have fallen about laughing … and this would be the correct reaction tomorrow.

You sir are a bellend

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I can't see the problem. If it will encourage more people to seek help, then it will all be worth it.

This.

Started Tyson Fury's book this morning and in the prologue he talks in graphic detail about his suicide attempt, but thankfully doesn't drive his car into the wall, before saying for anyone in a dark place, and more of us have been than people realise, there is a light at then end of the tunnel that with support from friends, family and the NHS can be got to.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
On a positive note its only really 3 idiots on this thread [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] that seem to have a problem with this issue being raised. Perhaps in time even these low life scum may be educated but I fear that whatever is said some people just don't have the capacity to understand what others maybe going through.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I ignore advertising at football. It’s the visual equivalent of white noise. It leaves no impression on me whatsoever. If you asked me to name any product advertised on the big screens I couldn’t name one.

LOL! You can't 'choose' to ignore advertising. That's not how it works.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
10 pages in 4 hrs ?

Can't be arsed reading it but assume [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] is talking complete bollocks whilst being backed up by the other two wise monkeys [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION]. I'm guessing they are still struggling to come to terms with the fact we are in the 21st century, let alone a new decade.

Brand new year, same old shit :lolol:

Excellent Executive Summary. :clap2:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think it’s a great idea and the more that can be done to promote mental health issues the better. I hope it’s something they do more often. The more children that also grow up seeing things like this can only be a good thing.

And I might be a few years late with this but on a similar theme, I watched the Pixar film Inside Out with my nearly 6 year old for the first time the other day and would recommend it for all parents to show their children. A great way to open up a discussion about mental health with youngsters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It’s called Falmer Stadium. I can give you directions if you ever fancy a visit.

So what you’re saying is your ignoring of advertising is so effective you have successfully blocked out our stadium, shirt and main sponsor so that you don’t actually know there is a different name. I am actually impressed. Wouldn’t want you on a pub quiz team though. :D

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've had some experience with mental health problems. Though I've never been suicidal I can tell you what was going on in my head felt awful at the time so I dread to think what being suicidal must be like. If a one minute video helps someone then great. If it doesn't, at least something was tried.

I can't imagine looking at something like this and going "pfft, what a load of preachy bollocks". Everyone's entitled to their opinions though and I only hope that those of you railing against efforts to help fellow human beings in their suffering never have to endure it themselves.

Look after yourselves everyone :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was f*cking joke FFS! :ffsparr:

You’ve made me break my no swearing New Years resolution. I hope you’re happy.

Here, have this. I'm all but done with it on the Ali J thread.

shovel.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On a positive note its only really 3 idiots on this thread [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] that seem to have a problem with this issue being raised. Perhaps in time even these low life scum may be educated but I fear that whatever is said some people just don't have the capacity to understand what others maybe going through.

A couple of years back another NSC’er was often the first to aggressively mock mental illness with “cheer up” and the usual ancient cliches.

Then they came back and asked for help/vented their emotions, about their own struggles. Underneath the hard NSC veneer, a good person.

Thankfully the p-takers are a dying NSC breed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A short film narrated by the Duke of Cambridge will be played at FA Cup matches to encourage football fans to look after their mental health.
The film will be played in stadiums just before kick-off at every FA Cup third round match this weekend.
Kick-off for all 32 fixtures will be delayed for 60 seconds to prompt fans to consider their well-being.

What a bunch of extreme bollocks. Is anyone REALLY going to consider their well-being for one minute before a football match because they're prompted to? We're football fans going to a football match. Stop assuming we all need help. And if we do, then a football match is not the time or place. Everyone's fecking virtue signalling. Oh, aren't we great, we're pretending to be interested in mental health … two weeks ago it was rainbow laces. Open a frigging church next door to the Amex so that folks who want to be preached at can go in there before the game. Rant over. Well, this one anyway … for the moment.

Just imagine if you can if this had been done before a game at the Goldstone. Everyone would have fallen about laughing … and this would be the correct reaction tomorrow.

Always the same detractors...

It doesn't affect you. Perhaps. But really, does it matter ?

Is it not a good thing ? Could it not be what some folk need ?

Trust me, my life can be hell as a result of increasingly severe anxiety issues. I talk about it now. And others have felt they can too because of it. And I felt I could because of others.

I hope it goes well tomorrow. Preachy ? You preach dogma, doctrine. You preach concepts of morality.

You don't preach when you encourage people and tell them it's okay to open up. You change and possibly save their lives.

Why is that a bad thing ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What an extraordinary thread, but sadly - all too predictable. The usual suspects unable to grasp that other people have a different life experience to them, and unwilling to understand why a one minute video may talk directly to many (statistically speaking, there will be dozens if not hundreds or more people who feel very personally affected by the video tomorrow) fans in the various stadiums is a powerful and positive attempt to let people who are struggling know that they're not alone and there's nothing wrong with them for feeling however negatively they're feeling.

I have rarely gone through a thread and dished out so many Likes, but this one justified it. For all the negativity, there are so many more people who are empathetic and do understand. Sadly, some more than most and arguably none more than [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION].

All the best to everyone who is struggling and a reminder that I'm always willing to talk to anyone who might need to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here