Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd ODI England v Australia

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Remember this is the country that bowled the last ball in a match vs NZ UNDER ARM when the kiwis needed a six to win the match. The Aussie moral compass is super low in competitve sports. Nice at least to see that their once impressive sporting prowess is in decline

Not just bowled underarm but rolled along the ground if I remember correctly. No class the Aussies.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
can anyone name any incident in the history of cricket where a batsman or a short leg has taken evasive action by making themselves a bigger target and not protecting head or nuts? If he was protecting himself then he would have protected himself. If that was protecting himself then he would not be a very good boxer.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Don't England and Australia ever get bored of playing each other? (genuine question from non cricket fan)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't England and Australia ever get bored of playing each other? (genuine question from non cricket fan)

No. We've had 3 series in a shorter space of time recently as the schedule was changed for the World Cup, but generally we have 1 home series and 1 away series every 4 years. Other than the odd tournament limited overs fixtures, after this series we won't play the Aussies again until the winter of 2017.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not just bowled underarm but rolled along the ground if I remember correctly. No class the Aussies.
I take it the rules were changed afterwards?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
No. We've had 3 series in a shorter space of time recently as the schedule was changed for the World Cup, but generally we have 1 home series and 1 away series every 4 years. Other than the odd tournament limited overs fixtures, after this series we won't play the Aussies again until the winter of 2017.

I believe we have played Australia about 50 times since we last beat Bangladesh. It is tiresome.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I take it the rules were changed afterwards?

Yes, they were, as a direct result of the incident.

The three Chappell brothers were involved. Greg was captain, and Trevor was bowling. Greg told Trevor to roll it.

Meanwhile, Ian was in the commentary box, and said "No, Greg, no, you can't do that!"

Poor old Trevor didn't have anything like as successful a career as his brothers - and is only really remembered for this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This may work to England's advantage in the long run. Stokes won't forget this in a hurry and both he and Smith are set to be around for many years to come.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I believe we have played Australia about 50 times since we last beat Bangladesh. It is tiresome.

I suppose losing to them in March helps that stat. Only 12 months till we tour there next Autumn though, something to look forward to over these uneventful boring Australia games! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here