Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Years Ago Today. The Poll Tax Riots.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As you get older in life ( 50+ ) you start to wise up and realise that no matter what you think or do, you won't change anything. When I was in my teens and early 20's, we all wanted to change the world, rip it up and start again. But gradually life takes over, relationships develop, family life blossoms, building a career, raising kids, paying bills. You become insular. Everything revolves around you and your immediate family. People care less about the country and more about themselves. Sod the rest, I'm alright Jack etc.
We aren't united in this country. We only think about ourselves. Envy and selfishness abounds. The younger generation don't sit and think and contemplate anymore. They don't create time for that anymore. They bombard each other with digital messages, saying ' hi ' or ' hey ' and spend hours chatting online about everyday triviality.
Big brother controls us. They always have. There is a cabal in place. A faction of power behind the obvious. They control and pull the strings. The three main groups...1) political 2) finance 3) judiciary / legal all work together, to help each other. A massive masonic lodge of state assisted wealth. They always have an agenda in place to help each other. An open door immigration policy under Blairs Labour was planned. They wanted to create a larger potential voting base for themselves and they wanted to create enough work for the legal system, to enable them to make millions for years to come. ( Just work out who had a legal background in politics at that time...wives included! )
As I said, you get older and wiser. You realise that politicians can't and won't change anything. They pay lip service to the most important sector in this country...SME's....and continue to bleed them dry and bog them down with beaurocracy. They do nothing to curb the size of the state and fail to address the most important issues. Taxation, fuel, energy, immigration ( controlled ), the EEC, banking, health and education. Its just tinkering around the edges. They aren't business people. They are career civil servants. They can't balance the books. They just borrow, borrow, borrow.
Apathy rules in middle England and the poll tax campaign is just a tiny distant blip. Civil disorder on the streets only brings morons out of their homes, looking for a chance to loot.
As a nation we are strangled to the point of futility. We have spent centuries believing that we are some sort of master race, who show the rest of the world how its done, when in truth, we allow ourselves to be controlled by a corrupt elite, who have no interest in the welfare of those lower down the chain, just the perpetuation of their own private members club.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here