Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 man squads announced

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
West Brom have left out Luke Moore, Luke Daniels and Chris Wood.

Wolves have left out Michael Kightly

Don't know any others yet but Luke Moore would be quality :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is the deadline 5pm today .... or presumably a week next Saturday for 'Arry, as he hasn't definitely finished signing players yet.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Kightly was expecting to be in the squad - Wolves are expecting him to be fit before January and there is no doubt that he is a quality winger - probably the best they have got. However, because he has been out for so long, Mick McCarthy has taken him out of the squad so that he can recover at his own pace. Once Kightly has recovered, he will go out on loan - probably to a club at the top end of the championship.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see him at Withdean any time soon.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It is now a case of the food chain taking effect, expect the bigger fish in the championship to get the richer pickings whilst the likes of us feed of the scraps that the big fish didn't fancy!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Of course there is a chance we'll pick up a better than expected loanee because of this squad shake-out - as we've said all along. But there is also the chance that our competitors will do the same whereas in previous years they would not have been able to do so (through budget constraints or the fact that they simply couldn't have attracted players of this calibre). It feels like there will be a one-time-only influx of higher standard players into League One - and I suspect it will make it harder for us to get promoted, not easier.

It is now a case of the food chain taking effect, expect the bigger fish in the championship to get the richer pickings whilst the likes of us feed of the scraps that the big fish didn't fancy!

I think it has always been like that in modern football. Nothing has changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here