Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 attempts on goal, was today really that bad?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shooting from the middle of the pitch is not better than from one side? Really? Baldock had far post to aim at, nothing more. If Colunga was awake, he could have shot either side.

No he didn't he was only left of centre. He had the white of the keepers eyes in his sights he bottled it plain and simple.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
No he didn't he was only left of centre. He had the white of the keepers eyes in his sights he bottled it plain and simple.

Baldock.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basically we sign a striker or lower mid table beckons. Just not good enough.

Garyh

May 28, 2013
I always try to stay positive especially having a new manager and different team from last year, but I found yesterday incredibly frustrating, Blackpool were very very poor and we couldn't break them down (not for the want of trying), I just thought we were clueless in the final third, no pace, trying to walk the ball in, almost like scared to mess up, plus I'm not sure why he took of Teixeira off, surely one of the few players that can create something, the other thing I find frustrating is the rotating of players, surely play your strongest side, if fit, I don't think Crofts is back to full fitness yet, and I don't think JFC is good enough at the moment, (that's not to say he won't be).

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
FYIW first game of season for me. WSU atmosphere was muted but have heard worse. Football was on. ...same old same old.....not clinical in front of goal, having said that more exciting than last year. I can see people's concern though, Blackpool offered next to nothing but they made it difficult to break them down, ie Sexytex had 3 or 4 around him as soon as he received the ball..? Going to be a fine player though with experience. Paddy on the other hand is a fine player now....always seems to be in slow motion but very capable of a mazy run or killer pass..We may well get stuffed against the better sides but on another day we may well have stuffed Blackpool. Even though it was 0 -0 i enjoyed it and although everyone who pays their admission is entitled to boo, I didn't think it was deserved.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does Holla's free kick saved at full length by the keeper, or his volley tipped over the bar not count? What about Bennett's free kick that scraped the post?

Holla's free kick and volley were too tame. Meaningful attempts, Bruno (saved second half), Bennett & Bruno (wayward in the first half), Lualua and McCourt shots that would have gone in if they had been on target, and Dunk's header over the bar. If we played like the second half at least for some of the time in the first half, we would have won 1-0.

I have seen much much worse with both Barnes and Mackail-Smith missing sitters too often. We did not have that sudden bit of pace to get around the back of them in the first half. All the misses were half chances, not gilt-edged opportunities.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Holla's free kick and volley were too tame. Meaningful attempts, Bruno (saved second half), Bennett & Bruno (wayward in the first half), Lualua and McCourt shots that would have gone in if they had been on target, and Dunk's header over the bar. If we played like the second half at least for some of the time in the first half, we would have won 1-0.

I have seen much much worse with both Barnes and Mackail-Smith missing sitters too often. We did not have that sudden bit of pace to get around the back of them in the first half. All the misses were half chances, not gilt-edged opportunities.

Are you forgetting Colunga was 1-on-1 with their keeper after less than a minute!? I'll answer that for you - you are.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
We were unlucky not to come away with all the points, hard to argue Blackpool deserved anything. The big worry is I doubt we'll see a worse team at the Amex and we couldn't put them away even when they went down to ten.
We are lacking bite but still believe we will turn it round. Still very early days with new squad and manager trying to play a completely new system.
Really wasn't as bad as some on here suggest

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I did see that - happened after about 83 minutes. However, I wasn't surprised it didn't really change things for us. I don't really expect much, although I'm always hopeful - I've always prized unpredictability in football, although our lack of firepower is now starting to become a little predictable. Maybe we'll have a surprise against Forest?

This post might even be better than your previous one :cheers:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Shots:
Lualua - 23
CMS - 20
Dunk - 16
Teixeira - 14
Holla - 12

Shots on goal
Dunk - 8
Lualua / Mackail-Smith - 7
Holla / Teixeira - 5
Crofts - 4
Colunga / Greer / Ince / O'Grady - 3

(That's league and cup)

Thanks Acker, that's interesting. Glad there's someone doing the stats.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One meaningful shot on target (Bruno), two decent crosses that were very dangerous, and three meaningful not so near misses. Plus 20 shots of which five were so bad that I would not have counted them, and fifteen were really tame. Two good chances, one missed by Colunga early on. And a header over near the end. Probably good enough for 1-0 most days.

From where I was sitting, Holla had two excellent efforts on target -- both extremely well saved.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And then been berated for not passing had he missed.

He should have had a shot if you can't understand that I'm sorry but you very little about football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here