Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 24 points from 16 games

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I agree with you that there is a case to be made for us having a chance in all the matches you mention. But the simple fact is we’ve played nine of the bottom 14 at home and we’ve only won three. We’ve only won five out of 22 in total. So how are we going to suddenly start winning four or five out of the nine remaining ‘winnable’ games we have? We played a dreadful team away from home on Saturday and didn’t lay a glove on them, so why are we likely to beat West Brom or Stoke? I just worry we’ve missed too many chances to grab wins at home, which is why I think we now have to take bonus points. It’s only going to happen at home so let’s go for it against Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and United and pray we pull off a shock in one of them.
Exactly. I really think the '40 pts' is well out our reach now. We are banking on a lower than average points total being required to stay up. However this is looking conceivable, as there are a lot of draws between teams in the bottom half and the top half are beating the bottom half fairly consistantly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree with you that there is a case to be made for us having a chance in all the matches you mention. But the simple fact is we’ve played nine of the bottom 14 at home and we’ve only won three. We’ve only won five out of 22 in total. So how are we going to suddenly start winning four or five out of the nine remaining ‘winnable’ games we have? We played a dreadful team away from home on Saturday and didn’t lay a glove on them, so why are we likely to beat West Brom or Stoke? I just worry we’ve missed too many chances to grab wins at home, which is why I think we now have to take bonus points. It’s only going to happen at home so let’s go for it against Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and United and pray we pull off a shock in one of them.
I think we can win 3.

3 wins / 6 draws / 7 losses

Sounds doable, but only just.

If we had won today we may only have needed 2 more wins :(

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Next 5

WBA - Win
Chelsea - Lose
Southampton - Lose
West Ham - Win
Stoke - Draw

Would put us into a reasonable position on 30 points, requiring only three wins afterwards, possibly two if the teams below us remain shite. Our failure to win today has made the task a bit harder, and makes the West Brom game a must win imo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
17 from 9. And those 9 include both Everton and Burnley away.

Think it’s more like 14 or 15 in reality, but still can’t see at the moment where we’re going to get them from. Definitely need at least one ‘bonus’ result against a top six lot.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Think it’s more like 14 or 15 in reality, but still can’t see at the moment where we’re going to get them from. Definitely need at least one ‘bonus’ result against a top six lot.
I can see us getting something from Chelsea and Man United at home. You never know. Now bounce this when they both smash us for six.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here