[TV] 24 hours in police custody

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's just all so obvious now. Why the police didn't capture all the CCTV footage from Luton's extensive range of craft ale bars and Michelin-starred restaurants is beyond me. Bedforsdhire police couldn't catch a cold. Joke :nono:

All they have for evidence is a 1901 Club lanyard and a Seagulls slider hidden in an Amex napkin.

Going to be a hard case to crack.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The police searching an address have just found the man-bag...."It's quite heavy... I don't know what we'll find in the bottom of that."

Well, I think we all know. A packet of braised pig's cheeks from Waitrose, two Kraftwerk albums and a bottle of Punk IPA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The police searching an address have just found the man-bag...."It's quite heavy... I don't know what we'll find in the bottom of that."

Well, I think we all know. A packet of braised pig's cheeks from Waitrose, two Kraftwerk albums and a bottle of Punk IPA

:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Actually felt a bit sorry for the guy. Horrible chain of events and of course the victim was the main victim but can’t help but feel the guy was suffering from mental health issues - probably enhanced by cannabis. Sad tale. At least he had clear remorse unlike last weeks’ scrote.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Actually felt a bit sorry for the guy. Horrible chain of events and of course the victim was the main victim but can’t help but feel the guy was suffering from mental health issues - probably enhanced by cannabis. Sad tale. At least he had clear remorse unlike let weeks’ scrote.

I agree.

A moment of madness, drug fuelled on the night.

You could clearly huge regrets about his own life changing stupidity.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Actually felt a bit sorry for the guy. Horrible chain of events and of course the victim was the main victim but can’t help but feel the guy was suffering from mental health issues - probably enhanced by cannabis. Sad tale. At least he had clear remorse unlike let weeks’ scrote.

Yes. I feel exactly the same. There are no winners here. Last week I felt a deep sense of satisfaction when that irredeemable piece of shit was locked up for 18 years.

Tonight? I just felt sad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes. I feel exactly the same. There are no winners here. Last week I felt a deep sense of satisfaction when that irredeemable piece of shit was locked up for 18 years.

Tonight? I just felt sad.

Very sad. But on the plus side at least nobody died and maybe the lad will turn his life around. The poor kids are gonna have to grow up without their dad though. It just seemed out of character a bit from the hunch I got. Yes robbery’s etc but also a clearly tough childhood. I guess the key is catching these people before they ruin their life’s or anyone else’s.

Really do like this programme - the way it’s done is fantastic. Fair play to whoever came up with the idea, as it’s a good insight for the public, and a reminder of what not to do!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree.

A moment of madness, drug fuelled on the night.

You could clearly huge regrets about his own life changing stupidity.

Was it a moment of madness when he bought the starting pistols, then converted them into guns that kill, then he loaded the guns will bullets, and then he shot an innocent shopper in the chest? Oh and he stored the guns, ammo and drugs in the flat where his young kids live.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Was it a moment of madness when he bought the starting pistols, then converted them into guns that kill, then he loaded the guns will bullets, and then he shot an innocent shopper in the chest? Oh and he stored the guns, ammo and drugs in the flat where his young kids live.

This. As good as premeditated.

Don’t forget the 28 previous convictions from 35 charges. I hope if I ever get charged with an offence some of you lot are in the jury.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This. As good as premeditated.

Don’t forget the 28 previous convictions from 35 charges. I hope if I ever get charged with an offence some of you lot are in the jury.

His previous was nowhere near attempted murder and clearly you do not understand mental health issues that have been building up since he was a kid, they hinted at abuse.
He should be removed but helped, not slammed up for 22 years when last weeks animal got 18.
I agree with the previous posts, he asked for help many times and was ignored, he showed remorse, yes i felt sorry for him, which is rare for me.
If anything it showed the shocking state of mental health help, especially with kids, in this country, it is almost non existent.
7 years with mental health help would have been enough, could not believe he got 22.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Weird that nobody likes the police anymore but everybody loves a police programme on the telly.

Does 'nobody' like the police anymore ? First I've heard of it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a very sad episode. I imagine he’ll be taken advantage of in prison too.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
His previous was nowhere near attempted murder and clearly you do not understand mental health issues that have been building up since he was a kid, they hinted at abuse.
He should be removed but helped, not slammed up for 22 years when last weeks animal got 18.
I agree with the previous posts, he asked for help many times and was ignored, he showed remorse, yes i felt sorry for him, which is rare for me.
If anything it showed the shocking state of mental health help, especially with kids, in this country, it is almost non existent.
7 years with mental health help would have been enough, could not believe he got 22.

Good lord, lol. You need to get a grip. I’ll add, how do you know what I know about mental health, too?

The sentence seems slightly harsh, but he did have a firearms factory and was a serious drug dealer...then shot a man at point blank range and fired 3 shots chasing a car. Also only showed remorse when caught. He didn’t seem to be so apologetic during the interview. Not exactly handing himself in with his handed in the air with a full confession. This isn’t diminished responsibility. That said, I’m sure he’ll be out in <10 if he’s a lovely as most people here think he is.

It’s sad, yes, but lucky for this guy the victim survived. Needs to do himself a favour and stop smoking weed every day. That would do his kids a massive favour but just seemed like another sad narcissist with rejection issues. Sad he got caught, not what he had done.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good lord, lol. You need to get a grip. I’ll add, how do you know what I know about mental health, too?

The sentence seems slightly harsh, but he did have a firearms factory and was a serious drug dealer...then shot a man at point blank range and fired 3 shots chasing a car. Also only showed remorse when caught. He didn’t seem to be so apologetic during the interview. Not exactly handing himself in with his handed in the air with a full confession. This isn’t diminished responsibility. That said, I’m sure he’ll be out in <10 if he’s a lovely as most people here think he is.

It’s sad, yes, but lucky for this guy the victim survived. Needs to do himself a favour and stop smoking weed every day. That would do his kids a massive favour but just seemed like another sad narcissist with rejection issues. Sad he got caught, not what he had done.

He had a firearms factory??

That’s news to me.
I thought that was where one of his guns originated, not that he was making the starter pistol guns. He wasn’t charged with making guns, just being in possession of 2 firearms, one of which wasn’t an adapted starter pistol.

He also said in the to camera piece, that he didn’t remember anything about the incident, and nothing about that day in general, so what was he meant to say in his first interview?

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s ‘ lovely’ either, just that he has mental health problems that he has never been offered help with, even though he requested treatment on 3 separate occasions, and that this has had a huge effect on his life.
It’s called empathy.

Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He had a firearms factory??

That’s news to me.
I thought that was where one of his guns originated, not that he was making the starter pistol guns. He wasn’t charged with making guns, just being in possession of 2 firearms, one of which wasn’t an adapted starter pistol.

He also said in the to camera piece, that he didn’t remember anything about the incident, and nothing about that day in general, so what was he meant to say in his first interview?

Perhaps I am mistaken. Was it not he who drilled the barrels out and converted them from starting pistols to weapons? Maybe I am, in which case ok, he did not have a firearms factory.

Re: Your second point, “I don’t remember the incident. I am prone to black outs”. Something like this would have been an appropriate defence. Sitting with silence doesn’t help anyone and often leads to a longer sentence. I can see why ppl keep schtum, but at the same time if you’re going to play that game you accept the risks and well as rewards.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Perhaps I am mistaken. Was it not he who drilled the barrels out and converted them from starting pistols to weapons? Maybe I am, in which case ok, he did not have a firearms factory.

Re: Your second point, “I don’t remember the incident. I am prone to black outs”. Something like this would have been an appropriate defence. Sitting with silence doesn’t help anyone and often leads to a longer sentence. I can see why ppl keep schtum, but at the same time if you’re going to play that game you accept the risks and well as rewards.

His briefs advice was probably stay schtum.

It’s what lawyers do until they know what the police have. He pleaded guilty to all charges in court , he showed contrition, and apologised to the victim .
I think 22 years is more than a little harsh. Maybe, 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports