Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

24 countries in the next Euro

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My point is, the French President of UEFA awards the first 24 team tournament to France - who benefit extraordinarily from the inflow of income

ah, see i wasnt aware the french are hosting next. though i wonder if the extra fans a of a few smaller countries will offset the addtional costs of hosting in more stadiums. does the UEFA cup make money for the host nation (unlike the Olympics)?

D

Deleted member 18477

Anything that gives england a better chance to a) qualify and b) get through the group I am happy with.

It'll be 6 groups of 4. 2 going through from each group and the 4 best 3rd placed teams (which yes might get confusing) to make 16.. And then let the knockouts begin!

Oct 25, 2003
Wasn't sure who it was between those two... however my point is still valid about the depth of the teams that may not have qualified (although some exceptions)

but they failed to qualify for an EIGHT team tournament, not 16.....being (for arguments sake) the 9th best team in europe is very different to being the 24th best

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I'm all for it. More teams involved means more people watching and enjoying football. Lets give the so called 'lesser countries' a chance to compete- it is great for fans from those countries and might even allow them to improve.

The best 4 3rd placed teams will qualify which I also like as it gives England a better chance of getting through. Another week on the tournament sounds good to me as well and it would only be one more game for the winners.

More football is good.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm all for it. More teams involved means more people watching and enjoying football. Lets give the so called 'lesser countries' a chance to compete- it is great for fans from those countries and might even allow them to improve.

The best 4 3rd placed teams will qualify which I also like as it gives England a better chance of getting through. Another week on the tournament sounds good to me as well and it would only be one more game for the winners.

More football is good.

... and more boring dead rubbers putting people off.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
The only bonus I can see to having 24 teams is the extra amounts of Euro Totty that will now be able to attend. :clap:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It will be shit. This tournament has been amazing, the best I can remember. Every game has been high in quality and virtually all the teams seem to be playing in the right way.

Put it like this, who are the best team that is NOT at this tournament? Whoever it is, I guarantee nobody is missing them. I dread to think how mediocre the eighth-best team not there is.

Alot in what you sayC/B i wonder if it could be down to this ? The so called footballing 'Elite' Spain,Germany,England,France and to a degree Holland and Portugal are really having to prove themselves in the 'backyard of Europe' those Eastern Europeans want to us fall big time. Just look at Poland ruled by the Nazis and then sold out to the Russians this tourniment is payback time for a few countries

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here